• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ireland in Bangladesh 2022/23

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
pretty sure Colin Bland has him beat there. unless you’re being pedantic and saying that Rhodesia doesn’t count or that those weren’t tests
I thought it was some other Peter Moor. These guys get around. Anyway Ireland haven't fallen apart completely so that is a encouraging

Edit: I spoke too soon

Aritro

International Regular
This is dire bowling by Goatdot. He is just running in and bowling it straight
I'm worried about batting a man short for the resy of this match. These ****s are just made of glass. If it's not quicks pulling out before every single match, there's also someone going down mid game.

Goatdot has struck!

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I'm worried about batting a man short for the resy of this match. These ****s are just made of glass. If it's not quicks pulling out before every single match, there's also someone going down mid game.

Goatdot has struck!
Looks like Tamim got a blow

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Good going so far

Tucker well played on Debut

66 more ball for new ball. Ireland bats better than they bats vs pakistan in 2018 test.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
124/6
214 all out
#9 Adair 32,
Tucker 37, Tector 50, Campher 34.

5 fer by Taijul
2 wkts Each Mehdi & Ebadot Hossain.

Aritro

International Regular
We've picked 6 recognised batsmen and 5 bowlers, including a trio at 9,10 and 11 who won't make 10 between them. I don't even want to think about what could happen.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
We've picked 6 recognised batsmen and 5 bowlers, including a trio at 9,10 and 11 who won't make 10 between them. I don't even want to think about what could happen.
Think they are considering Miraz as a genuine batsman too. With Shakib its six bowlers. A bit too many but if Shakib does not bowl at all like today, its cool otherwise we are playing a bowler too many.

edit: Shakib bowled after 65 overs

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t really think that Shakib would purposefully keep himself out of bowling for such prolong time in the test due to his beef with bcb regarding ipl NOC. He gave us so much and the whole country and it would be really shameful to do such thing once he agreed to play this test. I would like to give him benefit of doubt regarding this issue. It could be he’s trying to manage his workload as his age is catching up too or thought of rotating the bowlers who were bowling well already. Thus the decision to bring himself so late. But few news media and channels here making it now look like he’s doing it willingly.

Aritro

International Regular
I don’t really think that Shakib would purposefully keep himself out of bowling for such prolong time in the test due to his beef with bcb regarding ipl NOC. He gave us so much and the whole country and it would be really shameful to do such thing once he agreed to play this test. I would like to give him benefit of doubt regarding this issue. It could be he’s trying to manage his workload as his age is catching up too or thought of rotating the bowlers who were bowling well already. Thus the decision to bring himself so late. But few news media and channels here making it now look like he’s doing it willingly.
He's defo managing his body and I seem to remember him saying he doesn't rate himself as a test bowler any more. He didn't bowl himself much last time either. Don't think there's much to it (hopefully)

Socerer 01

International Captain
if he is also expected to be a main spinner in the odi world cup then he should manage his workload. without him they should still be bowling Ireland out comfortably