• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

Athlai

Not Terrible
Parthiv was reasoanble (barely international standard imo) but oh boy the rest were shockers. Not sure what SJS is on about here, Saha is as good a backup keeper as you'd hope to have but Dhoni was levels above as a bat and captain while still being a very good keeper.
Haha yeah Dhoni may not be an ATG keeper but in an era where you HAVE to bat too, no other Indian player that "could bat" came even remotely close to being as good with either the bat or gloves as Dhoni.

I dislike him very much because of Freddy on cricsim ****ing me over by first picking him in CPL, but Dhoni is a good player.

Spark

Global Moderator
Is Saha really that good a keeper? He's better than Dhoni in, like, English or Australian conditions but otherwise he seemed decidedly run of the mill to me whenever I saw him. Certainly no patch on Dhoni up to the stumps IMO.

Molehill

International Captain
Wonder if Boult might have made a difference in that defence for RR.
Well they picked Root to sure up the middle order and then of course the Top 3 decided to perform. But this is becoming a nonsense with the extra batsman chasing 200 plus totals. We are now appreciating dot balls more than hitting it into the stands. If ever cricket was becoming like basketball (you score, we score etc etc) then this is it.

Reactions: FBU

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Sam Curran is such an odd cricketer. Goes to the T20 WC, gets MOTS AND MOTM in the final all for his bowling while batting 8/9 and barely facing a ball , then rocks up at the IPL, 200 runs @28 and 145 batting 6 this season but is averaging 50 with the ball and going at 10's. Just makes no sense to me how you can go from one extreme to the other so quickly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sam Curran is such an odd cricketer. Goes to the T20 WC, gets MOTS AND MOTM in the final all for his bowling while batting 8/9 and barely facing a ball , then rocks up at the IPL, 200 runs @28 and 145 batting 6 this season but is averaging 50 with the ball and going at 10's. Just makes no sense to me how you can go from one extreme to the other so quickly.
Conditions likely have something to do with it as well?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Punjab needs Raza in the starting XI...all the time.
Enough of the 'Impact' role.

He is that valuable to the team...
They have a pretty good 4-5-6 tbf, there issue has been the #3 spot and management seem to think that short/rajapaska are more suited for that role.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This punjab lineup looks so much better when r chahar manages to keep pressure on in the middle. He's been one of the big missing pieces for them this season, nice to see him do well.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Danny Morrison, Mark Howard, and Pommie at the end there were enthusiastic af...

At least one of them was high or something lol

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It's so exciting to see so many players who had shown potential but not string together a dominate season in the IPL step up this year. Jaiswal and Gill up the top, Rana At 4, Rinku and jitesh in the middle order.