• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official* IPL 2016

Burner

International Regular
Some really world class bowling though. Fizz, bhuvi, cutting have all bowled superbly.
All down to AB's failure. Kohli gets out, new 2 batsmen in the middle and what does AB do? He miscues trying to hit a six when a partnership was what was really needed. Really **** decision making.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think they have been as good as South Africa except maybe this season. A lot of times they have had a disbalanced team.
Yeah. But they have been in 3 finals and choked! But SA haven`t even made a final yet....

(just being a bit flippant :) )

Dissector

International Debutant
I think RCB will definitely have the chokers tag until they win one. They have been a major team since the beginning. They have lost three finals. And while their second final was a blowout, their first one against the Deccan Chargers was another choke.

GGG

State Captain
See Henriques had another stellar game, another 10 in a row and he may get dropped down the order.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This was a pretty big choke. But then again, I feel the choke happened in the last 3 overs of the RCB bowling inning. Those overs gng for 52 runs when they had no right to in the end, decided the game. But RCB have been without the two best bowlers they picked at the auction, so I would say it is a very commendable effort by them doing this well.

Niall

International Coach
This was a pretty big choke. But then again, I feel the choke happened in the last 3 overs of the RCB bowling inning. Those overs gng for 52 runs when they had no right to in the end, decided the game. But RCB have been without the two best bowlers they picked at the auction, so I would say it is a very commendable effort by them doing this well.
The loss of Nehra to be fair pretty big for Sunrisers as he is a mega gun these days in this format. I agree the loss of Starc is absolutely huge, best bowler in this format, although not as sure about Badree as he wasn't been picked before he got injured. He rotted on the bench for Chennai as well.

Props to Sunrisers, Warner. Fizzy and Bhuvi absolutely immense and yet again the call to bring in Cutting was fantastic. He really provided the hitting which they were lacking and his bowling a pleasant surprise.

I dunno who got MOTM today, but I wouldn't be upset if he he did, huge contribution with bat and ball.

cnerd123

likes this
All down to AB's failure. Kohli gets out, new 2 batsmen in the middle and what does AB do? He miscues trying to hit a six when a partnership was what was really needed. Really **** decision making.
If that went for six, you'd be praising him for his counter-attacking mentality and incredible big hitting skills.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Yuvraj's contribution with the bat was pretty handy for SRH, he didn't make any big scores, but scored crucial runs in pressure situations.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh, almost forgot to say this.. Taste it, Pratters :) Love how good RCB were inspite of a rather insipid bowling unit. They had to crack at some point towards the last 6 pressure games and they did in the final. But absolutely proud of how good they were inspite of the obvious weaknesses and injury worries.

Niall said:
The loss of Nehra to be fair pretty big for Sunrisers as he is a mega gun these days in this format. I agree the loss of Starc is absolutely huge, best bowler in this format, although not as sure about Badree as he wasn't been picked before he got injured. He rotted on the bench for Chennai as well.

Nah.. Chennai benched him as Dhoni wanted Smith, Faf, Baz and Bravo in the batting line up. I am sure Badree would have been perfect for RCB, as he is basically a new ball bowler in this format. It would have been Starc and him and maybe Twatto and perhaps Binny bowling in the first 6. I thought they should have tried Binny with the new ball yest too after Aravind, coz the conditions were cloudy and he might have gotten the ball to swing and you have to go for Warner at the start. Letting him get in by trying to contain him will never work well.

All said, I think they were severely handicapped this season, were RCB and they still were awesome. Good signs overall.