• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official* IPL 2016

Stapel

International Regular
Really? FMD, I thought the ODI WC went on forever last year. This is just taking forever.
You mean that tourny that had 491274 1st round matches, of which 491273 didn't matter at all (only Bangladesh vs England mattered), and then suddenly was over within a day and a half?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You mean that tourny that had 491274 1st round matches, of which 491273 didn't matter at all (only Bangladesh vs England mattered), and then suddenly was over within a day and a half?
If the 'minnows' were better opposition, the group stage wouldn't have been meaningless.

I know people keep blaming the format, but for now it seems that the best way to guarantee that the minnows can progress beyond the group stage is if the group stage has few enough matches to facilitate a hit and run (WC2007) or if it involves forfeited games (WC2003).

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
I'm all for batsmen walking when they know they are out. But there is no way Yusuf could know he was 2 millimetres short........

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Do you also complain about the fact that there won't be many associates next time?

Niall

International Coach
If the 'minnows' were better opposition, the group stage wouldn't have been meaningless.

I know people keep blaming the format, but for now it seems that the best way to guarantee that the minnows can progress beyond the group stage is if the group stage has few enough matches to facilitate a hit and run (WC2007) or if it involves forfeited games (WC2003).
To be fair some of the supposed test sides were cack as well, England, West Indies and Pakistan all a waste of time.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These two are in some pretty incredible form right now.. and even Gayle played well today.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
AB played an amazing cut shot to a full length ball for his first boundary. Ball was fuller than good length, only a few inches short of being an overpitched delivery, he stayed back, rocked on his back foot and cut the ball away. A horizontal bat shot to a ball only a few inches above the ground. Most batsmen would have been lucky to have even driven the ball properly from that length but this guy cut it for 4. What a genius!!!

BTW, anyone else face any issues when editing posts of Chrome Android browser on your cell phones here? I posted this thrice and every time I try to edit, it automatically selects the Delete this post option and deletes it when I am just looking to activate the edit part of the screen.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Should have two matches per day at 8 PM to shorten the length. However, they don't do that as they just want to maximise revenues. ****s.