• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official* IPL 2016

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol not really. KW was worse than useless, pretty much just ate up balls.

Then again Cutting has been pretty **** for the last couple of years IMO, but you'll never know what someone can do unless you give them a chance I guess.

Whereas KW was a proven failure, maybe they felt Cutting was worth a gamble. Not saying I agree with it but I can understand the logic.

And they probably don't realise just how **** Cutting is

91Jmay

International Coach
It really is extraordinary how hard he struggles to go at more than 120 per 100 (which is still below average).

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It really is extraordinary how hard he struggles to go at more than 120 per 100 (which is still below average).
Yes that is why he should never play T20 Internationals. He can go at 80-100 SR very easily without getting dismissed too often - and that makes him a very good ODI player. He mustn't be dropped from the ODI team.

This is tricky, and I hope selectors don't get this wrong.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yes that is why he should never play T20 Internationals. He can go at 80-100 SR very easily without getting dismissed too often - and that makes him a very good ODI player. He mustn't be dropped from the ODI team.

This is tricky, and I hope selectors don't get this wrong.
Yeah, i've said before he bats in ODI mode in all formats.

GGG

State Captain
lol not really. KW was worse than useless, pretty much just ate up balls.

Then again Cutting has been pretty **** for the last couple of years IMO, but you'll never know what someone can do unless you give them a chance I guess.

Whereas KW was a proven failure, maybe they felt Cutting was worth a gamble. Not saying I agree with it but I can understand the logic.

And they probably don't realise just how **** Cutting is
No worse than anyone else not named Warner, second highest s/r in his last game and 3rd highest score, 2nd highest score in the game before, two fails and a 50. Scape goat last season as well. What about Henriques? What has he done exactly to deserve his place? been tidy with the ball but nothing that would warrant his place as a bowler only as he has been a complete failure with the bat, besides the innings set up by Warner and Williamson.

Last edited:

Spikey

ben cutting may well go ahead and do something that may lead people to say I have to taste it, but let me assure you, Ben Cutting can never make me taste it.

TheJediBrah

No worse than anyone else not named Warner, second highest s/r in his last game and 3rd highest score, 2nd highest score in the game before, two fails and a 50. Scape goat last season as well. What about Henriques? What has he done exactly to deserve his place? been tidy with the ball but nothing that would warrant his place as a bowler only as he has been a complete failure with the bat, besides the innings set up by Warner and Williamson.
even then the best you can say is "he is unlucky to be dropped" or "he has been ok".

It's not as if he's been making 60 of 30 balls every game, hence why I don't see it as a "shocking" decision. Completely literally, because I can understand the logic behind the decision and hence it doesn't "shock" me

whether or not it was the right selection is another matter entirely, but as I said earlier, IMO if they play Dhawan they can't bat Williamson in the top 3 or 4 as well. And if he doesn't bat in the top 3 he's not much use.

So it really comes down to Dhawan v KW. Cutting/Henriques just lucky that choosing Dhawan ahead of KW lets them pick another overseas player.

Spikey

you've dropped one of the best batsman in the world for a bowler who can't be trusted to bowl more than one over, and sometimes can hit a big ball. oh and you could have replaced Williamson with Eoin Morgan. it's a shocking decision.

Daemon

Yeah, not picking KW earlier was weird, but he's not done well in the WT20 iirc and for a number of games now, so it's not 'shocking' to drop him at all. I'd still pick him though, not sure if the already strong bowling requires Cutting, plus Hooda/Yuvraj at 3 and 4 is asking for trouble. If I were to drop him it'd be for Morgan.

TheJediBrah

you've dropped one of the best batsman in the world for a bowler who can't be trusted to bowl more than one over, and sometimes can hit a big ball. oh and you could have replaced Williamson with Eoin Morgan. it's a shocking decision.
Reckon your main contention is completely wrong here and several loosely related incorrect statements to go with it. KW one of the best T20 batsmen in the world? hardly. Cutting's been more of a batsman than a bowler in shorter forms for a few years now, not that he's really been good enough at either though. And as I said, having Dhawan & KW in the side together is a definite issue.

Good point about Morgan though, not sure why they're not picking him, I think he's been quite ordinary lately though.

Not only would I not say it's a "shocking" decision, but it was probably even the right one. My opinion of course, and each to their own.