• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ryan Harris told a group that a fast medium bowler at full pace can swing (not seam) the ball more than a fast bowler even though the fast bowler takes some pace off.
I see his point IMO comparing Cummins and Hazlewood.
Yes Cummins can move the ball but mostly off the seam.
Glen McGrath is a good example of Rhino's theory.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Moises Henriques replaces him. (Cam Green) was in consideration, but it's about the number of overs Moises can give us. The pitch got better as it went on in the last game.

Just reading this, and it seems off to me. Moises was injured last summer and barely bowled, and even in the 2ish year's before that, I struggle to remember him bowling big overs in white-ball cricket. Even in the shield this year green bowled 24 overs in 2 games compared to Henriques 10 in 3. Green us also definitely going to give you more quality per over then moise.

Ide understand if green was injured again but nothing has been communicated by CA about that.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If mark waugh were national selector we would have world peace AND sean Abbott playing for aus in all formats.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sabba reminds me of Ryan Harris as a batsman. Not in style but in ability. Well suited to number 8 but number 7 is probably beyond his ability.

aussie tragic

International Captain
So the big question of whether a batting or bowling allrounder should replace Stoinis, came down to Henriques facing 1 ball :)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wade is considered the back-up I believe, and he'll be it.

but for once I wouldn't mind Carey being shifted to the top, and then Green comes into the team.

So the big question of whether a batting or bowling allrounder should replace Stoinis, came down to Henriques facing 1 ball :)
who could have predicted that Moz would be asked to do more with the ball than the bat......but he did the job with the bat. made sure Maxwell stayed on strike