• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I can't work out any reason for Ponting and Tendulkar to be opening together beyond the fact that the guy responsible for the batting order still thinks it's 2003.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What team would you pick then?
I have no idea who else they have in the squad. Karthik seems to be doing the opener's role anyway, why not give him the gig full time? Don't think there's justification for a place in the squad for Ponting, to be honest - it looks demonstrative of seriously muddled thinking, selecting players on past Test reputations rather than present T20 skills.

Satyanash89

Banned
What team would you pick then?
I'd have Kartik opening with Tendulkar for one, with Ponting coming in at either 3 or 4. Tendulkar deserves a few more chances... was very good in the one meaningful innings he played and been runout twice. Ponting's looked poor in all three innings

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Karthik has always been underrated, even when he was with Delhi he played some gems lower down the order but never got a chance to bat up, he's finally getting his chance.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea getting Karthik was massive for Mumbai. Solved so many problems, then they go and a create a new one by having Ponting open.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I know Hughes had a horrid time in the test series, but I'd like to see him open. He's been awesome in all limited overs for quite a while, and actually did OK in the tests when he just tried to smash the spinners to all parts. Such a method wouldn't be out of place in the IPL.