• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India vs England 2021 General Discussion thread

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes, there will probably be a subforum. Yes, we can just use this one thread for both series. We'll have this thread anyway since the Indian squad for the first two games has already been announced.

Shri

Mr. Glass
my xi for the firs test:

Rohit
Gill
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Pandya
Sundar
Ashwin
Ishant
Siraj

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think Bumrah or even Ishant will be match fit for the first game. If it was me, I will go with only 3 changes from the line up that played today. Virat for Mayank, Ash for Saini, Kuldeep for Natarajan. Pujara might have a broken finger too, so maybe play Mayank at 3 in that case.

Rohit
Gill
Pujara/Mayank
Virat
Rahane
Pant (wk)
Sundar
Ashwin
Shardul
Kuldeep
Siraj

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dont think Bumrah or even Ishant will be match fit for the first game. If it was me, I will go with only 3 changes from the line up that played today. Virat for Mayank, Ash for Saini, Kuldeep for Natarajan. Pujara might have a broken finger too, so maybe play Mayank at 3 in that case.
Bumrah maybe idk but Ishant is gonna be match fit for sure, unless you set some other definition for match fit than what it regularly means.

cnerd123

likes this
India Squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (Vice-captain), KL Rahul, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Wriddhiman Saha (wicket-keeper), R Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Md. Siraj, Shardul Thakur.

Net Bowlers: Ankit Rajpoot, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Warrier, Krishnappa Gowtham, Saurabh Kumar

Standby players: K S Bharat, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Shahbaz Nadeem, Rahul Chahar, Priyank Panchal

cnerd123

likes this
So looking at the squad and assuming everyone is match fit (though I too would prefer giving Bumrah and Ashwin the first test off):

Rohit | Gill | Che Pu | Kohli* | Rahane | Pant (+) | Pandya/Sundar | Ashwin | Ishant | Bumrah | Siraj/Kuldeep

Depending on conditions and if Pandya is fit to bowl a 3rd seamer's workload.

if Bumrah and Ashwin are rested then both Siraj and Kuldeep play with Thakur coming in as 3rd seamer.

I don't see Saha having a role to play this series. Pant could play as a pure bat, but not at the expense of any of the Top 5, so if Saha played he would bat 7, meaning we only have 4 bowlers. I reckon that's a no go. Saha could replace Pant if he's injured, otherwise he's just warming the bench.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bumrah maybe idk but Ishant is gonna be match fit for sure, unless you set some other definition for match fit than what it regularly means.
I dont think few T20 games will make him match fit for a test. I would rather let him train with the side and sit out the first test and then play him from the second.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Be interesting to see India's bowling combo with Jadeja out.
Sundar will retain his place. Ashwin and Kuldeep will come in for Natarajan and Saini. Ishant Vs Shardul is the toss up. I would rather let Ishant work his way up to test match fitness by having him in the squad and training and bowling long spells in the nets and then play him from the 2nd test onwards.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
India Squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (Vice-captain), KL Rahul, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Wriddhiman Saha (wicket-keeper), R Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Md. Siraj, Shardul Thakur.

Net Bowlers: Ankit Rajpoot, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Warrier, Krishnappa Gowtham, Saurabh Kumar

Standby players: K S Bharat, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Shahbaz Nadeem, Rahul Chahar, Priyank Panchal
My team for the 4th test.

Gill
Rohit
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Gowtham
Pant
Nadeem
Rajpoot
Avesh
Warrier

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Axar looks a like for like jadeja replacement so he should be starting in the first XI. Rightfully.

The XI I expect to see

Gill
Rohit
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Axar
Ashwin
Siraj
Ishant
Bumrah

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Pandya is a strange selection call. He hasn't bowled in red ball cricket since....I don't remember. His bowling is surplus to requirement in these conditions and India are rarely desperate to firm up their batting at home grounds.

Just don't see him featuring at all in this series.