• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

adharcric

International Coach
can't wait, hope india crushes pak this time ... btw anyone in US know if dishnetwork is going to telecast this one on PPV as well? ... sure hope so!

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think India will surely emerge as winner in test series.....But the ODI series looks to go down the wire.....

Choora

State Regular
Shoaib might not make it to the Indian tour!

Shoaib doubtful for India

By Our Sports Correspondent

LAHORE, Feb 2: Controversial fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar is doubtful starter for Indian tour later this month. Back from Australia due to fitness problem , Shoaib reported to the National Cricket Academy (NCA) on Tuesday night and visited his old friend and doctor Tauseef Razzaq for the treatment on Wednesday.

Mr Tauseef told reporters that Shoaib needed at least four weeks to recover from hamstring problem. "If Shoaib starts playing before this period (four-week) his injury may aggravate," Tauseef said.

Shoaib is also not receiving positive indication from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and he could face an inquiry into the reports about his visiting a night club in Australia and his overall attitude towards the team management.

The PCB chairman, it had been reported, had said that Shoaib would not be the automatic choice for the Indian tour. Surprisingly, Shoaib visited Dr Tauseef who is not on the PCB panel. Tauseef, who was the head of the PCB medical panel during former chairman PCB Lt Gen. Tauqir Zia's tenure had been sacked by the present PCB chairman.

Choora

State Regular
dudeurfriend said:
I think India will surely emerge as winner in test series.....But the ODI series looks to go down the wire.....
If Akhtar doesn't play then India will probably going to beat Pak 3-0 in the test series, as Gul is already out of the series while Shabbir has very little chances of making it.

A bowling lineup comprising of Rana Naveed, Sami, Razzak,Khalil/Asif and Danish simply can't bowl out India twice.

Akhtar's absence will be disaster for Pakistan.

Sehwag309

Banned
12th Man said:
Irfan Pathan will destroy the Pakistanis, he is the best up and coming young fast-ish bowler

..not sure abt destroying, but yes good prospect Indians will still rely on batsmen as usual

Bandit

Cricket Spectator
HI Guys, this is my first post here.

India Vs. Pakistan.

So this is how it goes for me. Pakistan is coming in india almost after a 8 years. So the series is supposed to be cracker. 3 Tests and 5 ODIs is a good format, Rather decisive. I hope Sachin will get fit for the series. So does Shoeib.

Indians are out of match practice, i hope they'll come back well. Venues are a bit problematic.

1)Mohali:- Fair, long time no test there. So its a fair venue, hard pitch, lush green outfield, great ground. (Lucky for Sehvag)

2)Ahmedabad:-Problems. Nothing pitch. No team will be able to get 20 wickets, possibly a venue where matches ended as draw.

3)Banglore/Kanpur:-(I am not confirmed about the 3rd one) But both gound hosted a test recently, (one vs SA and other vs AUS) so why give them another match, why not Kolkata, or Dehli?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Akhtar doesn't play in the tests, I'll be quietly confident that India will come out on top fairly comfortably. They need an all-out strike bowler in the tests. ODIs they can get away with their current bowling line-up due to their long and quite strong batting line-up who when on song can destroy any opposition. If Afridi and Razzaq can put away McGrath, Gillespie and Kaspa, they will definitely be a danger against our ODI bowlers.

Should be a great series.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
adharcric said:
can't wait, hope india crushes pak this time ... btw anyone in US know if dishnetwork is going to telecast this one on PPV as well? ... sure hope so!
I know I'm wondering about the same thing. I went to their website and found nothing. It would be a pity if they didnt show a series like this one.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Choora said:
If Akhtar doesn't play then India will probably going to beat Pak 3-0 in the test series, as Gul is already out of the series while Shabbir has very little chances of making it.

A bowling lineup comprising of Rana Naveed, Sami, Razzak,Khalil/Asif and Danish simply can't bowl out India twice.

Akhtar's absence will be disaster for Pakistan.
That might be a blessing in disguise for Pakistan. Indian batsmen will take them too lightly and will get a shocking to find out how these bowlers greatly improved on the Australian tour.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
My predictions: 2-1 for India in the tests... and 3-2 for Pakistan in the ODIs. This will definetely be a great series. I can't wait. May the best team win.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
12th Man said:
He's their best current bowler apart from kumble
I think Balaji, if he can get into the kind of form he was right before his injury in September, poses a big threat to the Pakistanis and has always been underestimated as a bowler. It aint easy to forget his performance in the last test versus Pak and so I hope he'll do well in the Challenger Series that's coming up.

wahindiawah

Banned
Duncan said:
That might be a blessing in disguise for Pakistan. Indian batsmen will take them too lightly and will get a shocking to find out how these bowlers greatly improved on the Australian tour.
No, Akhtar or no Akhtar, the Indians are never going to take the arch rivals lightly.

Its possibly true that without Akhtar Pakistan team might be more disciplined, but discipline alone doesn't win matches for a team. Rana's and Rao's do work very hard but they simply aren't test material and as such will be a failure on batting track against the mighty Indian batting lineup. Basically one individual shouldn't make such a big difference but problem for Pakistan is that
1 In the absence of Akhtar there is not even a single match winning pacer in Pak team (sami is crap, we all know that)

2 There is noone to take the place of a quality offspinner like Saqlain.

3 Danish is a good prospect but he would be facing the best leg spin facing batters in the world and as such would struggle.

Akhtar's absence could prove to be a disaster for Pakistan.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
wahindiawah said:
No, Akhtar or no Akhtar, the Indians are never going to take the arch rivals lightly.

Its possibly true that without Akhtar Pakistan team might be more disciplined, but discipline alone doesn't win matches for a team. Rana's and Rao's do work very hard but they simply aren't test material and as such will be a failure on batting track against the mighty Indian batting lineup. Basically one individual shouldn't make such a big difference but problem for Pakistan is that
1 In the absence of Akhtar there is not even a single match winning pacer in Pak team (sami is crap, we all know that)

2 There is noone to take the place of a quality offspinner like Saqlain.

3 Danish is a good prospect but he would be facing the best leg spin facing batters in the world and as such would struggle.

Akhtar's absence could prove to be a disaster for Pakistan.
alot will depend on inzi, youhana in tests i dont think regardless of their batting theyll measure up to being able to get the scores dravid/tendy/laxman and co will

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
rana has impressed me alot i didnt really like him b4 but now hez turning into a hero,and butt ,malik,inzi youhana can do some real damage with the bat

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
dudeurfriend said:
The first ODI is going to be in Nehru Stadium in Kochi and I have a feeling it's going to be pretty exciting since out of the 2 ODIs played there, there were 3 totals above 300. If it's anything like the Karachi match, I'll be more than satisfied.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Pakistan seems to do good on the flat pitches of the subcontinent... even though India's batting is better on paper, Pakistan has better hitters and a revitalised middle order. Expect some Razzaq and Afridi flurries... Pakistan would have gained plenty of experience after their tour of Australia... India on the otherhand toured Bangladesh and even managed to lose to them.

And there is talk about the Pakistani players refusing to play with Akhtar... wow, people are really hating him now.