• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India Tour of South Africa, 2023/24

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Another cricket game. Another time we line up with 4 #11s. I cannot believe that even after 3 WCs and 3 WT20s where this very thing cost us, we are still unable to even try players who can offer a bit in their secondary skill.
Heeeeeeeeeeere’s Arshdeep!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Heeeeeeeeeeere’s Arshdeep!
Funnily enough I think Arshdeep and Bishnoi can improve and have some raw skills with the bat. Arshdeep can at least get to Bumrah levels which is not bad for a 9 and pretty good for a 10. So can Bishnoi as long as he adds a few big shots to his arsenal. Its the Siraj, Mukesh, Avesh, Prasidh, Kuldeep types that annoy me the most. Kuldeep is actually decent long form bat and almost a decent to good #8 in those formats but in LO cricket, he is an absolute liability. :(

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Funnily enough I think Arshdeep and Bishnoi can improve and have some raw skills with the bat. Arshdeep can at least get to Bumrah levels which is not bad for a 9 and pretty good for a 10. So can Bishnoi as long as he adds a few big shots to his arsenal. Its the Siraj, Mukesh, Avesh, Prasidh, Kuldeep types that annoy me the most. Kuldeep is actually decent long form bat and almost a decent to good #8 in those formats but in LO cricket, he is an absolute liability. :(
Great news for India that two fringe bowlers who can't bat at all cemented their positions as first and second reserves to the other four #11s.

Socerer 01

International Captain
the bigger idiocy is only having 5 bowling options even after being made to suffer for it time and time again when it matters

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Swaenpool not getting into this series is insane to me. Highest wicket taker in the list A and fc comp last year in div 1, did well for sa-A in SL during the Whiteball stuff with bat and ball, same story in the recently gone by list-A comp, now has 17 wickets and counting at 18 in 3 and a half fc games and 180 runs @45 at better than run a ball. You can't seriously tell me that burger and andile are better cricketers than he is or have shown half the domestic formats he has in the past 12 months.

Bahseph

State Captain
Swaenpool not getting into this series is insane to me. Highest wicket taker in the list A and fc comp last year in div 1, did well for sa-A in SL during the Whiteball stuff with bat and ball, same story in the recently gone by list-A comp, now has 17 wickets and counting at 18 in 3 and a half fc games and 180 runs @45 at better than run a ball. You can't seriously tell me that burger and andile are better cricketers than he is or have shown half the domestic formats he has in the past 12 months.
I'd try him over Andile for sure. Burger wasn't too bad today I thought. I haven't seen enough of him to say whether he is better than Beuran Hendricks or not though.

Bahseph

State Captain
I don't think getting out first ball for a golden was actually a result of this at all, but I think if Mulder is gonna play he should bat around 5 rather than playing as a finisher.
It's the case of getting a player to fill a role instead of a player being used in his role. I know Mulder has some strong supporters on here (@StephenZA ) but his batting record really doesn't reflect his ability. If he bats at 7 in Tests I don't have much of an issue but they are going to be severely under utilizing him if they want to use him this way in LOs. The issue is he isn't going to be breaking into that top 6 anytime soon in LO cricket is he? If that is the case they need to cast the net a little wider and look at another option at 7. And IMHO that shouldn't be Phelukwayo or Parnell.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It's the case of getting a player to fill a role instead of a player being used in his role. I know Mulder has some strong supporters on here (@StephenZA ) but his batting record really doesn't reflect his ability. If he bats at 7 in Tests I don't have much of an issue but they are going to be severely under utilizing him if they want to use him this way in LOs. The issue is he isn't going to be breaking into that top 6 anytime soon in LO cricket is he? If that is the case they need to cast the net a little wider and look at another option at 7. And IMHO that shouldn't be Phelukwayo or Parnell.
Mulder should always be batting in the top 6... he is not an end of innings hitter. And I`m much more of a fan as a Test player than an ODI player. I would prefer Mulder at 5 with Klaasens at 6 once Miller retires in the ODI team; but not even worried if they look in another direction. But Mulder must be in the Test team.