• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of New Zealand 2019

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taylor was too jittery against Chahal. Cutting some balls and not getting any runs for it. This was inevitable. Chahal played the game correctly.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not good enough at what?

Munro has been around the proving himself plenty good enough at standing and biffing against most attacks. Yes you could say he is not good enough at "ODI batting" but what does that mean exactly, if his role is basically "stand there and do a Munro"? I'm assuming (and hoping) there is no confusion about his role within the team, because he clearly has a mode that has worked well for him around the world(and which can be directly compared with McCullum's "mode" late career).

I definitely am being a bit charitable to Munro, and I think he deserves it, because few players have been less charitably treated across the formats by NZ selectors given their overall career exploits.
No he hasn't. Averaging 17 against Australia, 8 against England. Does better against India and South Africa, but without the strike rates expected of a player in his role. The only team with a decent bowling attack that he's actually been able to score quickly against has been Pakistan. And you have to acknowledge that this comparison doesn't work in Munro's favour at all. An average of 25 and a strike rate of 108 vs an average of 31 and a strike rate of 148 - yes you can say that it's just 5 or 6 runs, but this ignores the obvious fact that McCullum was scoring his runs at nearly 9 runs an over while Munro is doing it at 6.5, which really just isn't that out of the ordinary. His standing there "doing a Munro" really isn't making much of impact on opposition bowling line-ups.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pitch is a bit slower than what everyone expected imo. Kuldeep and Chahal are bowling at the perfect pace.

thundaboult

International Debutant
New zealand once again showing the choky, jittery signs like the ones vs eng last year, RSA year before that. Nz missing the trick not including sodhi.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Can't watch but I see we are doing bad.

Gonna have to rely again on the best batsman since Bradman, with some support from Kane Williamson.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, classic early innings Nicholls play and miss by half a foot there. Hard to believe what he's capable of when you see moments like that.

The gulf in quality between the lil' Lankans and this lot is just absurd.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Safe to say Ashwin isn't coming back for ODI's/T20's anytime soon lol. These 2 are such serious finds for India.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Prepared to give Munro rope until the end of the series. But maybe for Bangladesh we have to consider Latham opening and Nicholls at 5.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Is India Guptill's least favourite team to play against? Too lazy to look up but aside from one century in the 2014 series can hardly recall him ever clicking against them.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Is India Guptill's least favourite team to play against? Too lazy to look up but aside from one century in the 2014 series can hardly recall him ever clicking against them.
Since I’m sitting at my desk refreshing cricinfo and doing zero work, I will tell you: yes. Averages 28 from 27 matches. Next lowest he’s played more than one game against is South Africa, 33 from 17 matches.