• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

Preed

U19 12th Man
Was Topley injured or. As I suspect butler ain’t no Morgan’s.Poor decision making although he does have a poor bowlers

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well done india! looks like no one has the guts to kick kohli out and make him earn his place back through domestic cricket...sad!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So Pant opens in T20, #4 in ODIs and #5 in tests. Sounds about right. I am still not convinced if he has cracked the LO formats completely but he seems to have more arrows in his quiver now than he did last year and as long as he keeps improving, that is good.

Stilll tests are his best format and we need him the most there. So I wont mind the trade off if he does not play LOs.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Always knew Pant being a sub par LOI cricketer is a myth and course correction was a matter of time.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
He just has to play himself in, same as inTests. There is virtually no bowling attack that can stop him once he's been in for an hour. I'm with @honestbharani ...give him the opening role. Let him exploit the field in the powerplay, then take it where it goes. If you're worried about his workload, then play him purely as a batsman and get Kishan in there to keep and slog lower down.

FBU

International Debutant

slippy888

International Captain
England fairytale will be over when they have to face the likes of Rabada and Nortje in test cricket this coming month.