• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

BazBall21

International Regular
These two surviving the high-pressure combo of Shami and Jadeja was essential after the mini-collapse. Thakur and Siraj have been so leaky and released the pressure. England probably slight favourites again now with India still 34 overs off the new ball.

cnerd123

likes this
this pitch deserves a 600 vs 600 kind of drawn game, India's inept batting has made a result possible. Really shouldn't have set England anything to chase, needed to make the 4th innings a complete formality but we didn't.

Bairstow and Root are in crazy form. Siraj and Thakur struggling with the return to red-ball cricket after IPL.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The thing I never really considered about playing in this fashion is that it takes the new ball out of the equation. Obviously it’s a big ‘if’, but if we make it to the new ball with the batsmen still in, the game is as good as done. Puts pressure on the bowling side because they just can’t afford to sit back and wait.
I'm pretty sure that was part of the thinking when Root and Foakes saw us home in the first test. And I vaguely remember some similar talk about the Woakes/Buttler winning partnership against Pakistan two years ago. Bairstow? I think this is just how he bats nowadays.

cnerd123

likes this
I think it's time we stopped being cheap and splurged on a real spinning option abroad. Jadeja simply isn't a threat.
The dump it outside legstump plan is dumb. He should be going around the wicket and looking for the edge or lbw as he usually does.

Not that it would help given the form these two are in.

Is Pant drinking chocolate milk!?