• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

Arachnodouche

International Captain
You have to bank on your top 7 batsmen to get the job done. If this bowling combination can regularly restrict sides to under 250, under 275 even, then that's gold in this era, especially in Indian conditions. Prasidh is erratic but he does offer a dimension the likes of Chahar, Thakur, or even Bhuvi might not on flat desi wickets.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
You have to bank on your top 7 batsmen to get the job done. If this bowling combination can regularly restrict sides to under 250, under 275 even, then that's gold in this era, especially in Indian conditions. Prasidh is erratic but he does offer a dimension the likes of Chahar, Thakur, or even Bhuvi might not on flat desi wickets.
Thing is, Prasidh is bad at fielding too. Not everyone can be a Jadeja but you need to be good in at least 2 out of 3 disciplines to be in the Indian team.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unfortunately banking on them sounds nice in theory but only works if you’re ‘00s Australia or something. We’re evenly matched with plenty of sides and sometimes it just comes down to the little things.

But I agree we shouldn’t bend over backwards and pick a **** bowler just because he can bat a little. Not a fan of Thakur for example. His economy is generally pretty awful and he doesn’t do enough/isn’t needed often enough with the bat for it to be worth it.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Thing is, Prasidh is bad at fielding too. Not everyone can be a Jadeja but you need to be good in at least 2 out of 3 disciplines to be in the Indian team.
Thkaur's bowling is just terrible. We need Deepak Chahar getting fit & ready to partner the bowlers & provide some batting depth.
Batting right now is in shambles. Dravid have to take some calls on a few careers.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
3 #11s is fine to me if it’s a good enough step up in their primary skill from the next best option that can bat.

It’s the #8 that needs to be able to bat a bit. You’re 6 down quite often in ODIs. Prasidh is not good enough with bat or ball, Harshal/Chahar would be nice. Maybe Bhuvi.
Yeah it is ok even though not ideal. But for me, it is like @CricAddict said - Bhuvi/Shami at 9, Chahar/Shardul/Harshal/Ashwin at 8.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Except you know this bowling attack cant do that. Its not exactly like the Windies quartet or McWarne or anything. They are still prone to getting smashed, its just that they are a bit better than the other options. So you definitely need a bit more batting cushion especially with ODIs basically being extended T20s now.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
3 #11s is fine to me if it’s a good enough step up in their primary skill from the next best option that can bat.

It’s the #8 that needs to be able to bat a bit. You’re 6 down quite often in ODIs. Prasidh is not good enough with bat or ball, Harshal/Chahar would be nice. Maybe Bhuvi.
Jadeja should be #8 and command a place as one of 4 frontline bowlers in a strictly 5 man bowling attack (not 6 man). If Jadeja's bowling is not good enough to play as a full bowler I'm afraid he doesn't get to play in the xi

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Agree either that or some batters that can combine to give you a 6th option like Sehwag used to
Yeah. Ideally, you'd want just one of Pandya or Jadeja in the side and a top order batsman capable of bowling like Sehwag. Having both Pandya and Jadeja in the XI is too much of a liability from a batting perspective; Pandya not much of a builder, Jadeja not much of a finisher.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Jadeja should be #8 and command a place as one of 4 frontline bowlers in a strictly 5 man bowling attack (not 6 man). If Jadeja's bowling is not good enough to play as a full bowler I'm afraid he doesn't get to play in the xi
One wicket and 2 very good catches by Jadeja since I said it. Anti jinxing works.