• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I feel like Pollard over Russell might have been a better option for the WC just gone.

He had a good IPL if not Russell level good. The advantage with Pollard is that he doesn't break down every second game

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Russell's IPL was just too insane to ignore. Tailed off a bit but ended up averaging 60 @ 200.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pollard is an inferior Afridi with the bat and a rather nonthreatening and limited trundler. Russell has pace at least.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Our T20 side really has gone to the dogs. A triumph for the previous selectors lack of consistency and planning. We've gone from World Champions to number 9.

Beamer

Looking forward to the tests, I hope they select Chemar Holder. He really looks the goods against India A.

Tom Flint

International Regular
What xi do you guys think they will go with?
Braithwaite
Campbell
Hope
Bravo
Chase
Hety
Dowrich
Holder
?
Roach
Gabriel

Is the spinner likely to be warrican or any hope for rakeem? Or what about Joseph and just use chase as the spinner?

Beamer

What xi do you guys think they will go with?
Braithwaite
Campbell
Hope
Bravo
Chase
Hety
Dowrich
Holder
?
Roach
Gabriel

Is the spinner likely to be warrican or any hope for rakeem? Or what about Joseph and just use chase as the spinner?
I think Cornwall has been called up to the training squad as has Warrican. We'll see though tbf in the India A series it didn't looks as if he'd lost any weight at all.

My side is yours plus either Chemar Holder or Cornwall/Warrican. Fortunately our test side is much more settled, the selectors have more of an obvious plan in that format.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The test side looks formidable compared to their white ball team, even though there’s a lot of player overlap. Feel they could upset India

Beamer

The test side looks formidable compared to their white ball team, even though there’s a lot of player overlap. Feel they could upset India
I think our bowling attack will cause problems for any touring team. Our batting is still not good enough and requires lots of individuals to chip in rather than seriously big scoring. India's attack is excellent so it will be a hard series for the batsmen.