• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** India in West Indies 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Umesh seems to have found some sort of a groove as a test match bowler. Why make him play ODIs and ensure he loses it, again? This is just Ishant all over again.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Watched the last ODI. Some thoughts -

- Rahane was quite poor in the match. Gave an easy catch which the fielder dropped, played and missed couple of times, wasn't reading the spin of Bishoo too well, ultimately getting out to him. Confuses me a fair bit. If he and Dhawan are not as reliable, I wouldn't mind some one else as an opener along with Rohit. Dhawan has irked me immensely with his crap shots again this series. Our batting issues might be bigger than I had thought as apart from Rohit and Kohli, not sold on any one else.

- Karthik was again an absolute joke. He is fidgety as **** out there. Will play a nice stroke but is never settled. He even got himself run out almost by running too slow which shocked Kohli.

- It is dire that we didn't try Pant at all this series.

- Ashwin should be dropped from ODIs for a while ideally.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Umesh seems to have found some sort of a groove as a test match bowler. Why make him play ODIs and ensure he loses it, again? This is just Ishant all over again.
True but would still like to see him play the odd ODI or two kinda like how India have used Shami recently.

The other problem with not playing LO formats for a Subcontinental bowler is that you risk being out of the game for long periods. Now that Umesh is bowling well and got his rhythm, you kinda want him to get some games under his belt

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was expecting more from Chase after his heroics against Pakistan. Looked fairly clueless against Kuldeep.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Watched the last ODI. Some thoughts -

- Rahane was quite poor in the match. Gave an easy catch which the fielder dropped, played and missed couple of times, wasn't reading the spin of Bishoo too well, ultimately getting out to him. Confuses me a fair bit. If he and Dhawan are not as reliable, I wouldn't mind some one else as an opener along with Rohit. Dhawan has irked me immensely with his crap shots again this series. Our batting issues might be bigger than I had thought as apart from Rohit and Kohli, not sold on any one else.

- Karthik was again an absolute joke. He is fidgety as **** out there. Will play a nice stroke but is never settled. He even got himself run out almost by running too slow which shocked Kohli.

- It is dire that we didn't try Pant at all this series.

- Ashwin should be dropped from ODIs for a while ideally.

You got this from watching a game he did not play in. Excellent.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You got this from watching a game he did not play in. Excellent.
What I took from that point was that he thought Jadeja and Kuldeep was excellent, and that therefore India have the bench strength to bench Ashwin for a while.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Then the point should have been that Jadeja and Kuldeep should be our main spinners. :)

I am really still not sold on Jadeja mainly because he needs to become some sort of a consistent hitter to help us cover up our weak as **** fast bowlers when it comes to batting. And as a bowler, he will always be a defensive option. So we may not need to play him when we wanna play with 4 seamers.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What I took from that point was that he thought Jadeja and Kuldeep was excellent, and that therefore India have the bench strength to bench Ashwin for a while.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit though.
Aye. Also gives opportunity to try some one else. Ashwin has been off in ODIs for a bit now and some time off can only do him good. He has bowled a lot the last few months as well like in the test series. I hope he is back with a bang in ODIs later. He is too good a bowler and his batting is a bonus.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ashwin is worth a place in the side only if he is going to be an attacking option. On that note, maybe we should try this line up once against SL in the ODI series there. Thoughts?

Rohit (vc)
Jadeja
Kohli (c)
Dhoni (wk)
Raina
Jadhav
Pandya
Kuldeep
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

Can go all England really. :) Ask Jadeja to go for it at the top of the order, consolidate with 3 of the ODI all timers in Rohit, Kohli and Dhoni and finish with a bang with Raina, Jadhav, Pandya there. MSD will have to change up his game a bit and ensure he gets a lot of singles even with 5 men inside the circle though. Otherwise, I think its a line up that will be worth a go esp. in conditions that dont really favor spinners too much.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Raina shouldn't get any where near the side till he looks like a fat ugly masala vada. Get fitter and maybe we can bring him back.