• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Stop with the umpire bashing. They had a bad game - we lost because we can't bat to save our life.
I still blame umpires more than our batsman. They screwed Dravid over twice for gods sake. He was in form more than anyone in this team.

Dravid

International Captain
jot1 said:
Man, I like this guy Sreesanth. I hope he's going to become a big man in world cricket. :)
His bowling is awesome, his attitude is decent, apart from what he did to Ntini. I didn't like that either.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Yes. You think we missed potentially the best batsman in the world for a match-saving situation just a little? He was given out wrongly twice, you know.
Doesn't matter. Getting all out in 55 overs is inexcusable.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sreesanth MOTM for mine, purely for all the stick he gave to everyone. :D

EDIT: Actually no, not purely. He bowled and batted like a gun to back-up his attitude. :)

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Dravid you're taking it too far. We batted terribly and deserved this loss.
I never said I don't blame the batting. Look back to where I listed who I blame this loss on, and I listed our batsman too, but to me it's umpire more than batsman. Dravid was in the form of his life has over 1000 runs in the year and could have saved this match for us you do realize that right. That's the only reason I blame the umpires more than our batsmans.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Doesn't matter. Getting all out in 55 overs is inexcusable.
Like I said, the fact that the rest of our lineup (bar Dravid) couldn't stand up is pathetic and we did deserve this loss.
Yet the fact that the umpires literally took over the match won't allow me to ever consider this a truly genuine loss.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
Also since you don't know me that well, I suggest you stop attacking me. A lot of members in this forum know me and know I haven't blamed a single loss on the umpires besides this one.
I've been a member longer than you. Don't think I don't read these forums regularly just because I don't post very often.

I'm fully aware you don't blame the umpires for every loss, but a number of your posts have focused on umpiring decisions and I have little doubt that if India lost some of the games, you would have done the same.

Regardless of which, you blamed them for this loss. That itself is not on - regardless of how many times you have, havent or would have done in the past.

R_D

International Debutant
Prince EWS said:
Expected. Get over yourself.

The umpires aren't out to get you. There were some bad calls, yes, but allegations of bias all the time are really getting tiring. There were poor decisions on both sides, for one...
What's expected.... getting screwed by umpires ?
anyway India was up against it i guess... with terrible umpiring throughout the match and than our batsman well known for playing under pressure.... lost was expected. You always had the feeling.... it was never going to rain today which is the only thing that could've saved india.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Geeez the Indians had it tough... many decisions going against them... SS was as mad as any cricketer i have seen haha

great test match though.....
This is how test cricket should be played :D Very intense and in your face

I hope ppl who say test cricket is boring watched it or something...had a lot of Ashes 05 written about it.. ie. Quality fast bowlers on supporting wickets bowling bouncers and the kitchen sink at tailenders fighting for their country...

Great effort by Sreesanth, Zaheer, Kumble... had their top order done a bit better India would be leading 1-0 by now...but its 1-1 heading into the final test at Kingsmead

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Laurrz said:
Geeez the Indians had it tough... many decisions going against them... SS was as mad as any cricketer i have seen haha

great test match though.....
This is how test cricket should be played :D Very intense and in your face

I hope ppl who say test cricket is boring watched it or something...had a lot of Ashes 05 written about it.. ie. Quality fast bowlers on supporting wickets bowling bouncers and the kitchen sink at tailenders fighting for their country...

Great effort by Sreesanth, Zaheer, Kumble... had their top order done a bit better India would be leading 1-0 by now...but its 1-1 heading into the final test at Kingsmead
Great post. Well said in general.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Blaming the umpires just takes away the spotlight from our rancid batting lineup. We lost because we cannot bat, regardless of what the umpires did or did not do.

Dravid

International Captain
Prince EWS said:
I've been a member longer than you. Don't think I don't read these forums regularly just because I don't post very often.

I'm fully aware you don't blame the umpires for every loss, but a number of your posts have focused on umpiring decisions and I have little doubt that if India lost some of the games, you would have done the same.

Regardless of which, you blamed them for this loss. That itself is not on - regardless of how many times you have, havent or would have done in the past.
I'll have you know I haven't blamed a single game on the umpires, because it was never as bad as this and our players always played worse than the umpires. You might have seen me pointing out mistakes, but I never blamed the umpires for a loss. This is the first game in history I blame the umpires for the Indian loss, basically because they screwed us more than ever before. I will still blame of this loss regardless, even though I still understand the fact that bad decisions are part of the game.

adharcric

International Coach
Indeed a brilliant test match. Had the umpiring been good, this would have been a contender for test of the year IMO.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Blaming the umpires just takes away the spotlight from our rancid batting lineup. We lost because we cannot bat, regardless of what the umpires did or did not do.
We lost because our best batsman, who could have saved this match, got screwed twice, and the rest can't bat

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
As usual, you're looking at things in black and white. We all know our batsmen were trash so there's no reason the spotlight will be taken away from them.
That doesn't mean you shut your eyes to the ridiculous standards of umpiring in this test. Were we outplayed in the circumstances? Yes, and that usually results in a loss.
The "circumstances" were a load of bull and simply unacceptable though - that's the issue here.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, I am speechless by this loss. Why are we so complacent? And why can't our batsmen step up in pressure situations. This certainly is very ridiculous.

Umpiring was certainly horrible in this match, but we cannot blame umpiring alone. Really disappointed in Ganguly, Tendulkar, and Laxman, when it really mattered they backed down. Jaffer needs to be removed and Gambhir brought in. Put Sehwag down the order. And make either Ganguly or Dhoni open, for it can't get any worse than it is now.

But let's look at it from RSA's point of view. They played very good cricket. Ntini was solid.

Anyways, let's look at it positively, we gave them the win so that we can bring them back down to Earth in the next one. :p

P.S. Ban the umpires!