• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Indian fans really protective over their seamers now days. Just because they now have a decent attack they want special treatment. How dare a batsman back away half way into his run up when he has a sore hamstring!
They spent most of the week with their feet up and we should all feel sorry for them because they each had to bowl 20 overs an innings.
Well done sa for getting under their skin and bringing the prima donna"s down a peg or two. Shame England couldn't do the same in the summer
Ooops, you just revealed what was REALLY hurting you in your last sentence. Who cares, it's a game of cricket.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Indian fans really protective over their seamers now days. Just because they now have a decent attack they want special treatment. How dare a batsman back away half way into his run up when he has a sore hamstring!
They spent most of the week with their feet up and we should all feel sorry for them because they each had to bowl 20 overs an innings.
Well done sa for getting under their skin and bringing the prima donna"s down a peg or two. Shame England couldn't do the same in the summer

Shri

Mr. Glass
i will quote this post when we win in cape town

ImpatientLime

International Regular
i mean tom flint didn't have to go all INNNNN-GERRRRR-LUUUUUUUNND on us but fair ****s if siraj is that injured go and take a seat m8. yeah it was a bit needly and unwarranted but makes no difference if the mouthy fella is injured or not.

Test Master

Cricket Spectator
Good win from the Proteas, they at least showed some grit this test match. That being said it's just hard to watch a Protea attack that can't consistently hit 145km whilst maintaing a good line and length with the a couple short balls. A short ball is only threatening when bowled at intense speed. It's the first time since NEVER that I've seen an SA attack devoid of express pace. Insofar as the batting is concerned I'm glad to see the batsmen scrap it out and prize their wickets but in all honesty I don't see any SA batsmen in this line up with confidence to dominate India. Bavuma may not be the most talented but he looks assured and calming, something needed noting that he is the only calming influence on the batting lineup apart from Elgar.

Go back 13 years to a time when 2 batsmen by the names of Abd and Amla ( in their mid 20's) who stepped up to the plate and showed CONSISTENTCY . I feel SA will have to find at least 2 real quality top order batsmen to compete with the top nations going forward. To be brutally honest I see no Batsmen in country at any level that is able to take the game away from the competitor and that is a worry for me.Markram and Peterson need to show us that consisticy and cement their names in the line up.Moreso Markram...it's been 4 years since he obliterated Australia and has done nothing of note since.

India are of course still favourites purely because they have the more talented bowling and batting lineups and have showed consistentcy over a period of time.

If SA can pull one out the bag it would a great achievement and a step in the right direction towards building a competitive test team.

All eyes on Rabada and Markram this upcoming test. The critics will be watching intently.

ma1978

International 12th Man
Excellent character and discipline. This was a very impressive team effort by SA. Good for world cricket.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Good win from the Proteas, they at least showed some grit this test match. That being said it's just hard to watch a Protea attack that can't consistently hit 145km whilst maintaing a good line and length with the a couple short balls. A short ball is only threatening when bowled at intense speed. It's the first time since NEVER that I've seen an SA attack devoid of express pace. Insofar as the batting is concerned I'm glad to see the batsmen scrap it out and prize their wickets but in all honesty I don't see any SA batsmen in this line up with confidence to dominate India. Bavuma may not be the most talented but he looks assured and calming, something needed noting that he is the only calming influence on the batting lineup apart from Elgar.

Go back 13 years to a time when 2 batsmen by the names of Abd and Amla ( in their mid 20's) who stepped up to the plate and showed CONSISTENTCY . I feel SA will have to find at least 2 real quality top order batsmen to compete with the top nations going forward. To be brutally honest I see no Batsmen in country at any level that is able to take the game away from the competitor and that is a worry for me.Markram and Peterson need to show us that consisticy and cement their names in the line up.Moreso Markram...it's been 4 years since he obliterated Australia and has done nothing of note since.

India are of course still favourites purely because they have the more talented bowling and batting lineups and have showed consistentcy over a period of time.

If SA can pull one out the bag it would a great achievement and a step in the right direction towards building a competitive test team.

All eyes on Rabada and Markram this upcoming test. The critics will be watching intently.
Hamza,petersen,van tonder,verynne,rickleton, we looking for 2 of them to come off.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think they should try Hamza again. Something about him even when he was in India, if he can figure out some technical stuff, guy has the temperament to be a really good test match #5 IMO.

Niall

International Coach
India tours of SA are never boring though they always end in crushing Indian disappointment. Dhoni spreads the field to boucher,Steyn bops Shami, Elgar screws us, Spark gets content, etc.

Remember the desolation of this

slippy888

International Captain
I don't see the use of picking ashwin in this test match because spin was never going to be a factor surely you are better of picking a better batsman all rounder in jadeja

Niall

International Coach
I don't see the use of picking ashwin in this test match because spin was never going to be a factor surely you are better of picking a better batsman all rounder in jadeja

Sadly he is injured.

I dunno really, clearly India failed with the bat this test, but he batting at 7 did okish.

Would Iyer have been a better option as that is the only other alternative?

They couldn't pick another quick in his place sadly with that tail.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Congrats, SA.

Flaccid performance defending but more importantly not capitalizing on reasonable launching pads batting.Can't remember the last time we made 400.