• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
IND A vs SA A
India A Full Squad- Priyank Panchal (Captain), Prithvi Shaw, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Devdutt Padikkal, Sarfaraz Khan, Baba Aparajith, Upendra Yadav (wicket-keeper), K Gowtham, Rahul Chahar, Saurabh Kumar, Navdeep Saini, Umran Malik, Ishan Porel, Arzan Nagwaswalla.

South Africa A Full Squad- Pieter Malan (C), Raynard van Tonder, Sarel Erwee, Tony de Zorzi, George Linde, Glenton Stuurman, Jason Smith, Dominic Hendricks (Wk), Sinethemba Qeshile (Wk), Beuran Hendricks, Lutho Sipamla, Marco Jansen, Migael Pretorius, Senuran Muthusamy.

IND A vs SA A Schedule
1st Unofficial Test - South Africa A vs India A (Friday, November 23- Monday, November 27)
2nd Unofficial Test - South Africa A vs India A (Friday, December 3 - Monday, December 6)
3rd Unofficial Test - South Africa A vs India A (Friday, December 10 - Monday, December 13)

INDIA TOUR TO SOUTH AFRICA
1st Test - Dec 17-21: Wanderers, Johannesburg
2nd Test - Dec 26-30: SuperSport Park, Centurion
3rd Test - Jan 3-7: Newlands, Cape Town

1st ODI - Jan 11: Boland Park, Paarl
2nd ODI - Jan 14: Newlands, Cape Town
3rd ODI - Jan 16: Newlands, Cape Town

1st T20 - Jan 19: Newlands, Cape Town
2nd T20 - Jan 21: Newlands, Cape Town
3rd T20 - Jan 23: Boland Park, Paarl
4th T20 - Jan 26: Boland Park, Paarl

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dunno how much we know about the variant as yet. It could be as bad as Delta but it could be something much lesser as well. Lets hope for the latter.

Bahseph

State Captain
South Africa has nine provinces,and the 2400 odd cases yesterday were boosted by 2000 from one province. So hopefully some sense prevails in the regulations and the spread is contained. But as StephenZA said I dont think there were going to be fans at these games anyway.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Tickets appear to be available for the South Africa A matches and for the Netherlands ODI series, which suggests that they were hoping for fans for the test series. But cases are lower than they were at this time last year, and the tests against Sri Lanka and Pakistan went ahead then, so it's a little early to be sounding the alarm bells.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Yeah probably. It was all still bio bubbled. And no planned spectators as far as I`m aware.

SA numbers are still pretty low as well, so the variant will have to cause huge numbers in the next 2 weeks.
I thought the plan was 2000 spectators allowed?

Stefan9

International Debutant
Family, friends and catering?
..maybe, I was not sure, just did not think it was many if at all.
If it's the same as for the Netherlands odi's and t20 cup final the rules are 2000 with proof of being fully vaccinated.

I believe csa, sa rugby and safa are in discussions with government to get the 2000 changed to 10% capacity but doudt it happens before next year.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
Netherlands have just pulled out. Interesting to see if this takes place

And if it does which of our first teamers will be rested so they can play next round of T20s

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
crapinfo said:
"Cricket South Africa (CSA) and Koninklijke Nederlandse Cricket Bond (KNCB) are aware of news reports doing the rounds regarding the Netherlands tour to South Africa being cancelled or postponed. Both boards can confirm that following updated information, it is highly unlikely that the visiting team will be able to fly out of South Africa over the weekend.

The KNCB is reviewing all of its options, while prioritising the physical and mental well-being of its players. A decision on the continuation of the series will follow in the next 24 to 48 hours, while all flight options are being considered.

No other comment will be offered until a definite resolution has been reached."

sunilz

International Regular
Netherlands have just pulled out. Interesting to see if this takes place

And if it does which of our first teamers will be rested so they can play next round of T20s
Lots of request to MEA and Health Minister on Twitter to suspend all flights to/from Africa. People absolutely don't want another April/May horror

Heboric

International Debutant
I am not a fan of CSA but I do feel sorry for them if India pull out (more than likely). Especially after Australia pulling out, still think CSA should have prentended the IPL was being played in SA, then the Ozzies would have come.... :ph34r:

sunilz

International Regular
I am not a fan of CSA but I do feel sorry for them if India pull out (more than likely). Especially after Australia pulling out, still think CSA should have prentended the IPL was being played in SA, then the Ozzies would have come.... :ph34r:
The best solution would be to swap home and away series schedule. SA play their home series in IND and IND play their home series in SA.
Plus BCCI should share atleast 40% of the revenue from this series to SA.