• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Teja.

Global Moderator
Nasser is talking about how Broad and Anderson bowled their standard lines which have been designed by Strauss to choke runs and not adjusting to the pitch.

I must say I wonder if the inconsistent Anderson pre-2010 would've done better on a pitch like this. Anderson has certainly become an all-round superior bowler by working on his bowling on flatter decks and becoming one of the tightest bowlers in the world but one feels the trade off has been the reduction in his ability to pitch it up into the stumps and have multiple wicket spells in favourable conditions. Furball has said similar before I believe and I agree.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
From all reports, this isn't how Plunkett was taking his poles for Yorkshire either, yeah? Like, he was bowling quick but he wasn't spending all his time trying to sniff blokes.

With a bloke like Dizzy as his coach you'd imagine that he'd be taking his wickets rather differently than how he's trying to do so here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nasser is talking about how Broad and Anderson bowled their standard lines which have been designed by Strauss to choke runs and not adjusting to the pitch.

I must say I wonder if the inconsistent Anderson pre-2010 would've done better on a pitch like this. Anderson has certainly become an all-round superior bowler by working on his bowling on flatter decks and becoming one of the tightest bowlers in the world but one feels the trade off has been the reduction in his ability to pitch it up into the stumps and have multiple wicket spells in favourable conditions. Furball has said similar before I believe and I agree.
He's bowled consistently too short for three years now.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B75tNVWh_sg
Courtesy of Cabinet

Reckon he would've done better.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah but even when he peaked (2010-11) his primary change from his early career was going from pitching it up with an inconsistent line to bowling a good length with an accurate line.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
yeah but he's gotten worse. he's gone from dialling his length back a bit in conditions which don't suit all out attack to bowling too short for the conditions he's playing in, whatever they may be.

Teja.

Global Moderator
That last ball by Anderson which went for two would be too much for most pitches but would be a great length to bowl on this pitch.

Teja.

Global Moderator
We have precisely one more batsman who wouldn't be a monkey on this pitch and he is coming in now. Lolapse is always on.