• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Kapali is a big missing name. Looks like he has not performed well in domestic level
Correct. No DPL impact. NCL is just around the corner.

Team should be, IMO:

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Raqibul Hasan
Shakib Al Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful (ugh, would prefer to see someone else here, can't think who ATM though)
Mahmudullah (could be number six in forseeable future)
Mushfiqur Rahim
Enamul Haque jnr
Shahadat Hossain
Rubel Hossain

Both seamers will get smashed though, regardless of who they select.

Gowza

U19 12th Man
Correct. No DPL impact. NCL is just around the corner.

Team should be, IMO:

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Raqibul Hasan
Shakib Al Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful (ugh, would prefer to see someone else here, can't think who ATM though)
Mahmudullah (could be number six in forseeable future)
Mushfiqur Rahim
Enamul Haque jnr
Shahadat Hossain
Rubel Hossain

Both seamers will get smashed though, regardless of who they select.
naeem instead of ash? i could see rahim moving up the order as he's done pretty well with the bat in tests over the last year or two. i'd probably play robin as one of the pacers, toss up between rubel, shafiul and shahadat for the 2nd spot although enam isn't that great and with riyad and shakib in the side maybe they will go with 3 pacers. shahadat has been horribly out of form for a long time now, add to that he recently said he was going to change back to his old action so bit of a risk to play him but as said, doesn't matter who they pick from the seamers because they'll all get smashed.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
By what standard? It's not as bad as it has been in the past, sure, but it's still worse than every other Test team. New Zealand's batting could quite justifiably be described as terrible and it's worse than that, so "pretty decent" is a bit of an overstatement.
Pretty decent as in better than about 180 countries in the world.

Nah, I meant by Bangladesh standards. There is actually some stability in the lineup, especially with Mahmudullah and Rahim likely to bat at 7 and 8.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He is next in line for a middle order spot but since they picked only 15 and wanted a reserve keeper, Dinesh Karthik was picked ahead of him.. They have kept a back up opener in Murali Vijay.
There is no reason he keeps getting selected when there is Dhoni around. Which other team chooses two keepers for ****s sake? It is immaterial how good Karthik is when Dhoni is there.

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
Aye, our batting is looking much, much healthier. Although as someone has correctly pointed out, we're still bloody awful.

The fact is that this series will turn out to be another one of those humiliating defeats where we concede 3/450 and then get bowled out before we make the follow-on target. I suspect the Indians will handle Shakib a lot better than other teams have, and unless Rubel and Shahadat turn up to play, which I wouldn't put my house on, we're going to have a bit of a pop gun attack.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
There is no reason he keeps getting selected when there is Dhoni around. Which other team chooses two keepers for ****s sake? It is immaterial how good Karthik is when Dhoni is there.
Its got more to do with taking the load off Dhoni during practice drills and when he gets suspended for slow over rates.

cricman

International 12th Man
Bangladesh Probable XI: Tamim, Kayes, Nafees, Ashraful, Rockibul, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Rahim, S. Hossian, Mahbual Alam, Shafiul Islam.

Nafees Will Make his Comeback, Even tho I despise some of the comments he made ... Would be nice to See ICL player to give Team India one.

Shahadat is returning to his old Action, where he looked so promising, the Pace, Swing and aggression should come back (I hope)

Shri

Mr. Glass
"Bangladesh are an ordinary side. They can't beat India because they can't take 20 wickets." That was Virender Sehwag's pre-series shooter on Bangladesh on the eve of the first Test in Chittagong.

You can never accuse Sehwag of being boring. His press conferences are as interesting as his batting. He sauntered in to the press room today, remained typically blunt throughout, dealt in monosyllables and left people speechless. The Indian journalists weren't so shocked because it was almost the norm with him; a few Bangladeshi journalists looked stunned.

You could have said Sehwag was bordering on arrogance, you might have felt he was being dismissive, almost brutal especially in his assessment of Bangladesh' strengths and if you hadn't been in a Sehwag conference before, you certainly would have thought it was a slightly bizarre event. But it wasn't. It was in character. It was actually very funny but you could also see why some might take offense at his sense of humour.

Bangladesh's response later on, in the form of Jamie Siddons and Shakib Al Hasan, was equally interesting. They weren't present at Sehwag's conference, of course, and reacted to the perceptions of the media who had listened to Sehwag.

A journalist asked the obvious question - can Bangladesh surprise India? "No. They can't beat us in Test matches," Sehwag said. "They can surprise you in ODIs but not in Tests."

Why? "Because they can't take 20 Indian wickets. Even Sri Lanka found it difficult. Bangladesh can't. They are an ordinary side."

There was not even an attempt at civility. There were no standard responses like "they are an upcoming side", "you can't take anyone lightly", or "they have some talented players." Nothing. He just saw the ball and hit it.

It's not as if Sehwag was even trying to be provocative. There certainly was no condescension, nor was it an act of trying to win any psychological points. It's how he has usually been addressing press conferences for some time now. And it certainly wasn't directed, at least solely, against Bangladesh.

Sample this.

"Where is Dhoni?" "He is taking a break". "Is he fine?" (The questioner wanted to know why he didn't come for the press conference). "He is enjoying himself. He is relaxing in the dressing room."

"What's your thought on the pitch?" "I haven't seen it."

Cue an awkward silence. It was a permanent feature of the conference. At one point, early on during one such period, Sehwag leaned forward and said, "thank you." Some laughed, some remained silent, some looked on quizzically and slowly more questions started to trickle. However, the answers continued to be fired with an impassive face and almost all questions were longer than the replies.

Siddons' and Shakib's conference too was awkward but for different reasons. Shakib didn't want to say anything on Sehwag but he said he doesn't consider India to be a true No. 1 Test side. "They are ranked No.1 recently but I think South Africa and Australia are much better than them," Shakib said. "It's true that they are playing well but they still are human beings and they will make mistakes."

Cries of "shabash, shabash (excellent, excellent)," went up from the back of the press room. It was certainly an interesting conference. It was Siddons' turn next. "Your thoughts on what Sehwag said?"

"He should stay away from mikes," Siddons said. "Every team has good and bad phases. His comments might bite him on his bum in a few years time. It might even hit him in the bum in a week's time. We are definitely not an ordinary side. That's what we are hoping to show in this Test series. We could hopefully prove Sehwag wrong."

Not many are convinced that the quality of the cricket in the series will be of high standard, but as Wally Hammond once so famously said at the start of an Ashes contest, what "a fine bloody way to start a series".
'Bangladesh are an ordinary side' - Sehwag | Cricket News | Bangladesh v India 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Haha, mind games against Bangladesh? Ffs, hit a double or a triple and get it over with.:p

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
sehwag is certainly an original....he should however guard against the complacency that has at times affected india's results against the banglas and made them look better than what they are...

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Sehwag never fails to amaze. No idea why he had to say they were an ordinary side. He is too blunt. :laugh:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sehwag seems to have paid a visit to the same hair studio as Warne, Ponting, Vaughan and Bhogle :detective