• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
TBH, every single batsman (our captain included) except Karthik deserves equal blame. Believe it or not, SRT was still the 2nd highest scorer in SA...which is ridiculous since it was not a good tour for him by any means. It says a lot about our entire line up.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
There's no doubt in my mind that Laxman, Ganguly, Zaheer etc should still be in the test side. I'm sure the selectors know that as well - so playing anything less than that best lineup really makes me question whether Bangladesh should have test status.
Laxman - Yes
Zaheer - Only beacuse India haven't got a third seamer good enough to replace him.
Ganguly - I find it hard to believe India can't find a young player who's better than Ganguly in tests - and I'm not sure that is really the case.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's hardly relevant. Technically speaking, none of the team members are due to be disciplined as neither Dravid nor Chappell named anyone in their reports. Sachin and Yuvraj are the only real offenders and they have already been disciplined.
nah, I meant in general.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why would scoring runs against lesser attacks on vastly different pitches actually prove anything though? No doubt the selectors will convince themselves it does, but it really wouldn't prove one iota to me, tbh.
There is the matter of confidence, I mean, they are still tests, aren't they? A player would feel much better when he has a test hundred behind his name, even if it is against Bangladesh.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
There's no doubt in my mind that Laxman, Ganguly, Zaheer etc should still be in the test side. I'm sure the selectors know that as well - so playing anything less than that best lineup really makes me question whether Bangladesh should have test status.
The selectors are not satisfied with their performance and are looking for better options. This has nothing to do with whether Bangladesh deserves test status or not.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The selectors are not satisfied with their performance and are looking for better options. This has nothing to do with whether Bangladesh deserves test status or not.
That's a heap of crap though. Ganguly, Laxman and Zaheer have done nothing to suggest they deserve to be dropped. I highly doubt they'd be dropped if this series was against Pakistan.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
I highly doubt they'd be dropped if this series was against Pakistan.
They would have done the same. The BCCI have to show that they are concerned about India's poor performance in the WC. It's the subcontinental mentality you would never understand. Even if it's not rational they would do it to pacify the billion fans.

It has nothing to do with Bangladesh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They would have done the same. The BCCI have to show that they are concerned about India's poor performance in the WC. It's the subcontinental mentality you would never understand. Even if it's not rational they would do it to pacify the billion fans.

It has nothing to do with Bangladesh.
It has a lot to do with Bangladesh. There is no way this would have happened if we were touring Australia next. BCCI need a way to appease the fans, and the fact that we play a minnow next just allows them to throw a bone and pretend they are doing something for cricket.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
It has everything to d o with Bangladesh. There is no way this would have happened if we were touring Australia next.

You mean they wouldn't have dropped any player after this WC failure???

The BCCI knows how much these oldies can offer. No team iin the recent past have sent a second string team to bangladesh. Not even Australia.

And Australia>>>>>>>India

cricman

International 12th Man
All India is doing is playing with Fire, if they decide to send India A and you know what happens when you play with fire? I'll Admit the Test Series will be all India but the ODI series will be close

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Really though, test cricket is not about giving players gametime. Picking Kaif when you very well know he doesn't deserve the spot ahead of the incumbent, and that you'll drop him when you play better opposition, not only compromises the integrity of the game, but is an insult to Bangladesh. If teams are going to treat test series against Bangladesh as an opportunity to give fringe players gametime, then it really isn't test cricket at all and hence shouldn't be classified as such.
Did you support Watson's inclusion into the test team a number of years ago? He wasn't part of Australia's best XI no matter what anyone argues, and there were better players that were dropped (Lehman) due to poor form and getting too old. Yet they picked Watson in a dead rubber match for developmental purposes.

Same situation.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did you support Watson's inclusion into the test team a number of years ago? He wasn't part of Australia's best XI no matter what anyone argues, and there were better players that were dropped (Lehman) due to poor form and getting too old. Yet they picked Watson in a dead rubber match for developmental purposes.

Same situation.
Watson was picked for balance. Given his superb domestic record with the bat, Lehmann's poor form and the fact that selectors wanted to play a second spinner given the pitch, his selection at the time made perfect sense.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why would India dare to take a second string team to Bangladesh when Austrlia didn't do it.

And that too after their World Cup debacle plus the fact that they lost the last 2 of their 3 ODIs against Bangladesh.

It's a transition period for India. They need to phase out the seniors and put in the youngsters in their place.

May be terms like 'rested' would be used when they drop some of the legends of the game(Ganguly, Tendulkar and others) but that term would just be used so that the legends themselves and their fans aren't offended.

Even if they had a series against Sri Lanka or West indies, the BCCI would have acted in the same way.

Last edited:

cricman

International 12th Man
Why would India dare to take a second string team to Bangladesh when Austrlia didn't do it.

And that too after their World Cup debacle plus the fact that they lost the last 2 of their 3 ODIs against Bangladesh.

It's a transition period for India. They need to phase out the seniors and put in the youngsters in their place.

May be terms like 'rested' would be used when they drop some of the legends of the game(Ganguly, Tendulkar and others) but that term would just be used so that the legends themselves and their fans aren't offended.

Even if they had a series against Sri Lanka or West indies, the BCCI would have acted in the same way.
you passion don't get offended, India A could beat us 3-0 and then 2-0, but what i think India may benefit from is that cricket isn't being played in BNS but in Mirpuir, Mirpuir is very nice stadium but nothing can compare too 40,000 people squessed in BNS that would make a team full of inexperienced players nervous but you play for Team India theres always pressure