• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not a fan of Gilchrist standing up to the stumps to Clark - its going to be a miraculous catch if Ganguly knicks one.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Not a fan of Gilchrist standing up to the stumps to Clark - its going to be a miraculous catch if Ganguly knicks one.
Personally find it hard as a bowler also. I don't seem to get as much pace or carry, but that's probably just my psychological prob.

caker

Cricket Spectator
I think today has confirmed that India are just not in Australias league....just another ordinary side full of average talent.

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Its there to keep Ganguly's feet back so he cant bat out of his crease to him and Clarke is dictating the length perfectly. Ganguly later in the series will need to find a counter to this.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ah ghey, can only watch this over and then Hoggy's before I go to work. C'moooon five wickets.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Its there to keep Ganguly's feet back so he cant bat out of his crease to him and Clarke is dictating the length perfectly. Ganguly later in the series will need to find a counter to this.
it's a slow pitch and i will be very surprised if he comes up to him on more bouncier quicker tracks..this will be the slowest lowest pitch by a margin for the 4 test series

Dhoni should put the cut shot away imo

Craig

World Traveller
Why not have Yuvraj open the batting so he can handle the new ball better and not be as exposed to spin early in his innings. And besides I don't think he would do a worse job then Dravid.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hope the "you pick your best 4 bowlers, there's no point picking a spinner" brigade were watching Hogg bowl in that session - well done to that not so young man! :clap:

Matt79

Global Moderator
I understand the theory, but I think in a test match you lose more in terms of possibly missed catches etc than you gain. Plus Clark has the accuracy and the bounce to deal, McGrath style, with anyone trying to disrupt him like that...

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
it's a slow pitch and i will be very surprised if he comes up to him on more bouncier quicker tracks..this will be the slowest lowest pitch by a margin for the 4 test series

Dhoni should put the cut shot away imo

A good point, though it may be used at the SCG depending on the track there.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Hope the "you pick your best 4 bowlers, there's no point picking a spinner" brigade were watching Hogg bowl in that session - well done to that not so young man! :clap:

He hasn't bowled badly...but it has helped him IMo that India's best players are now in the pavillion. The pressure is off now and I think he can experiment with what he has in his repertoire.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Defending Dravid

Not defending (no pun intended) Dravid (he was screwed by the team-management) -- the fact is he faced more balls than Tendulkar, Jaffer and Yuvraj COMBINED. So don't fault him for slow-batting -- at least he batted !!!

pup11

International Coach
Good session this for Australia and now they should wrap this game up today itself, great effort from all the Australian bowlers on a track that doesn't suit their bowling much.

JustTool

State 12th Man
What are the odds on Sehwag playing at Sydney ?
Or Dinesh Karthik ?
Should be 100% for Sehwag - BUT your are predicting what the Indian "think-tank" will do :laugh: :laugh:

They should rename the "think-tank" to "tinker-tanker" (with the batting order - to fix what aint broke) :laugh: