• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Probably the combination of factors. I wouldn't be surprised to find out there are 20000 there - the G is deceptive because its so big, and because the stands go back a fair way in the shade but you can't see those parts on telly.

I think the 'fun-police' thing might have had an impact as well. Bay 13 was a pretty small group yesterday and a few hundred people have been ejected by now. Given the factors we've already listed, a proportion of people have also probably said "given we have to sit there being quiet and not moving or we get turfed, I can't be bothered"
How much is a standard adult ticket at the MCG?

I paid $42 at the GABBA from memory, just wondering..

JustTool

State 12th Man
End of experiment

And that ends the brilliant Indian experiment of sending Dravid as opener, VVS at #3, and VERY SOON a very nervous Yuvraj shall be gone as well. Watch him play and miss !!

RIP.

And they sent THREE opners in the 15 man squad - just so they could have a make-shift opener in the FIRST Test.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 8-) 8-)

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fielding A big difference between the teams and it shows. The pressure in the field gets wickets, The pressure on Laxman and Ganguly contributed to that wicket.

India bowled well but the lack of pressure from the fielders probably hurt the bowling attack. Clark is a gem of a bowler, the more I watch him the more I rate him, a brilliant bowler at building the pressure.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Quite an easy though don't ya think?

Clark is gun though, I actually didn't expect him to do much this test, happily proved wrong.
an easy save? well ... not easy but not hard.. had it been the indian fielders may have not of stopped it and would've ran a single
VVS prolly got frustrated about that so yea

Symo saves 2 runs ....awesome..just awesome

JBH001

International Regular
And that ends the brilliant Indian experiment of sending Dravid as opener, VVS at #3, and VERY SOON a very nervous Yuvraj shall be gone as well. Watch him play and miss !!

RIP.

And they sent THREE opners in the 15 man squad - just so they could have a make-shift opener in the FIRST Test.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 8-) 8-)

Oh noes. He is back. -_-

Not surprised at the timing either. :dry:

Matt79

Global Moderator
[Doc Holiday Mode] Poor Sourav, the strain was more than he could bear [/Doc Holiday Mode]

Poor poppet has fainted!

burr

State Vice-Captain
How much is a standard adult ticket at the MCG?

I paid $42 at the GABBA from memory, just wondering..
$30. I didn't go today because of the temp and also b/c after 3 days I was cricketed and sitting on my arse out and wanted to hit the sales :happy:

JBH001

International Regular
India looking on track for the sub 300 I thought they would make in their second dig.

(Hell even 250 may be too much)

real shame though, hoped for more from them. Stopped watching when SRT was out this afternoon. Speaking of which, am staying in a Hostel at the moment. And this test is bringing all the Indians downstairs to watch the game. One guy was telling me how whenever Sachin bats all Indians feel hope, and that as long as he is at the wicket, however irrational the hope, one feels that anything is possible. A couple of overs later he was out and the whole Indian contingent fell silent...a deathly pall hanging over them as SRT made his way back to the dressing rooms...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Jeez its a mug's game being a bowler. Hoggy's had two (difficult) chances go down and a plumb LBW turned down. Makes it so easy to keep on toiling in 40 degree heat! ;)