• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

mustang

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I doubt the Indian selectors will get rid of Nehra, even Khan won't be there. Leaving out Nehra is suicidal, no one should think of taking on Australia without Nehra and Khan. These are your main bowlers, Nehra is inconsistent but don't forget his late inswingers - thats his big plus point. Seriously you folks expect India to open with Agarkar and Pathan, that would be suicidal..

PS. thanks for that welcome P Y !

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mustang said:
I doubt the Indian selectors will get rid of Nehra, even Khan won't be there. Leaving out Nehra is suicidal, no one should think of taking on Australia without Nehra and Khan. These are your main bowlers, Nehra is inconsistent but don't forget his late inswingers - thats his big plus point. Seriously you folks expect India to open with Agarkar and Pathan, that would be suicidal..

PS. thanks for that welcome P Y !
They opened with Agarkar and pathan in Adelaide.

mustang

Well I thought Nehra and Khan were their best medium pacers, opening with Agarkar is right but then Pathan isn't. Apart from tha Hayden wkt, its too risky to play Pathan in a test that'll decide the series...my opinion only worth two cents

masterblaster

International Captain
RE: best indian pacers

Zaheer - yes
Nehra - A resounding NO!

Pathan looked very sharp in Hobart against Australia 'A' with bat in hand and ball in hand...so anyone other than Nehra would do.

I would rather have Thomas Odoyo playing for the indian squad instead of Nehra.. :) :P :D

amits

Banned
i am back now. in new delhi, the temp is almost 10 deg C. i went 2400 kms away from new delhi for a few days. i didnt disappear mysteriously. i also went over for half an hour in search of a cyber cafe, but it was :( that i couldnt find it so as to be with u all.

back to the cricket,

australia could win there matches only due to poor and biased umpiring. australia isnt that good a team as it is made out to be. australia is overrated.

for bapu rao swami,

u cant be an indian. i mean it, U CANT BE AN INDIAN. u r a aussie RNI, who has just cooked up an indian name and is using it. u r extremely biased towards all aussies and dont even care about us indians. all indians like me, rajat, CDAK and jagaways r against u. only aussies like iamdavid and co. r with u.

u r an aussie arse-licker and just go about kissing their arses where-ever u go. what do u want to prove, u ba*tard ? its only due to u idiots that our great country isnt progessing that much. india, has the potential to be the richest country in the world and india was once the richest country long ago and the whole world was envied of india. now that is going to come back. india was known as the golden peacock once. read rajats post after he was unbanned.

also i have some 2-3 bihari friends and they r all nice and none of them r as idiotic, stupid and unpatriotic as u.

(soory about being personal in this post but bapu raos big aussie mouth has to be shut up if this forum has to get its peace back)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Amits mate, If by biased umpiring, you are referring to the few lbw decisions that went against India -- remember these things tend to even out over the course of a series.

Be a gracious loser -- Australia deservedly won the MCG test.

amits

Banned
back to the cricket,

for the 3rd test, india were at 278/1 at 1 stage and looking to post 600+. i was expecting ind to win by an innings then. it was :( to c sehwag miss a 200, but :D to c him hit a quick 195 and hit all the aussie bowlers all over the park. it was a :!( collapse from there on and india made half of the total expected. still, 366 was a good score. zaheer, was injured. if zaheer and harbhajan were fit, aus would have struggled to make 250+. aus made 558 due to all the poor umpiring and some great batting by ponting. 3 double centuries in a year is a great acheievement and i hope sachin hits 4 in the next year :D. i cant understand y ponting likes the indian bowling so much :(

there was another collapse in the 2nd innings which made india set aus a target of only 95. i was excpecting the 1980/81 melbourne thing to be repeated here, when aus were all out for 83. when aggy took a wicket, i expected india to win comfortably but ponting and hayden ruined indias plans :!(

i am :!( at the aussie biasness of the media. when ind needed 70 to win with 7 wickets in hand in the last test, commentators were saying aus had a good chance of winning and here when aus needed 95 to win, it was said that aus has won :O. this biasness thing needs to be stopped.

also this 195 by sehwag shows that y is sehwag better than hayden.

amits

Banned
as for the forums, i find this cricketweb.net forum the best and i will try to improve the level of this forum. now lets all go back to cricket and stop all non-cricket talks here. for that, v can use the off-topic forum.

nice to c that there hasnt been any ind-pak war here and there shouldnt be any as well. ind and pak r friends, not enemies. v have the same culture, same background and even look to be the same. if an indian and a **** guy were made to stand together, it will be tough to say which is which. so, no ind-pak wars.

also lets end this ind-aus war as well. this is total meaningless.

no ind-pak and ind-aus wars here.

Craig

World Traveller
amits said:
i am back now. in new delhi, the temp is almost 10 deg C. i went 2400 kms away from new delhi for a few days. i didnt disappear mysteriously. i also went over for half an hour in search of a cyber cafe, but it was :( that i couldnt find it so as to be with u all.

back to the cricket,

australia could win there matches only due to poor and biased umpiring. australia isnt that good a team as it is made out to be. australia is overrated.

for bapu rao swami,

u cant be an indian. i mean it, U CANT BE AN INDIAN. u r a aussie RNI, who has just cooked up an indian name and is using it. u r extremely biased towards all aussies and dont even care about us indians. all indians like me, rajat, CDAK and jagaways r against u. only aussies like iamdavid and co. r with u.

u r an aussie arse-licker and just go about kissing their arses where-ever u go. what do u want to prove, u ba*tard ? its only due to u idiots that our great country isnt progessing that much. india, has the potential to be the richest country in the world and india was once the richest country long ago and the whole world was envied of india. now that is going to come back. india was known as the golden peacock once. read rajats post after he was unbanned.

also i have some 2-3 bihari friends and they r all nice and none of them r as idiotic, stupid and unpatriotic as u.

(soory about being personal in this post but bapu raos big aussie mouth has to be shut up if this forum has to get its peace back)
Dude be cool.

jagaways

u r an aussie arse-licker and just go about kissing their arses where-ever u go. what do u want to prove, u ba*tard ? its only due to u idiots that our great country isnt progessing that much.
ROFLMAO :D:D:D

but yeah..cool down amits. let bapu have whatever opinions he wants...who really cares. just ignore his posts if u dont like em.

good win 2 the aussies...whoever it was that told me 'all is in indian batsman's hands'...that was a very good call. turned out to be true...the indian collapses were the major turning points in the match and lee had little effect at all.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
amits said:
australia could win there matches only due to poor and biased umpiring.
You mean like giving Sehwag not out stumped when he was, that sort of biased umpiring?

amits said:
Actually, the last few days have been very very peaceful as we've had sensible unbiased posting and no name-calling, then you come back and it's not peaceful any more. Can anyone else spot the link here?

CDAK

U19 Debutant
jagaways said:
...whoever it was that told me 'all is in indian batsman's hands'...that was a very good call. turned out to be true...the indian collapses were the major turning points in the match and lee had little effect at all.
It was me jagaways..:D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
amits said:
i am :!( at the aussie biasness of the media. when ind needed 70 to win with 7 wickets in hand in the last test, commentators were saying aus had a good chance of winning and here when aus needed 95 to win, it was said that aus has won :O. this biasness thing needs to be stopped.
Erm, it's not bias, it's based on the fact that Australia are the best side in the world and you write them off at you peril - they've done that sort of thing before whereas India don't have the bowlers who have that experience.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
welcome back amit...
Ur absence was being really felt in this forum. Koch_cha entered and disappeared in a hurry and he , Jagaways and rajat had done well for India during the lean patch( 3rd test match) in ur absence.

amits

Banned
nice to c CDAK, rajat and jagaways filling the gap created by me.

i take back the comment that indians living outside india arent patriotic. jagaways, shows that indians living outside india can be patriotic as well. i expect him to settle back india later on.

back to the test, it was the batting collapses which made us lose the match. i still am :!( that how we collapsed from 278/1 to 366 all out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
You must be happy Marc your hero AA has got Langer out 5 times out of 6?
Of course, but seeing as he is the greatest bowler in the world ever (and also a better batsman than Bradman), whilst the Australian batsmen shouldn't even be playing backyard cricket, it is only to be expected that the great one will take wickets!

iamdavid

International Debutant
amits said:
for bapu rao swami,

as for the forums, i find this cricketweb.net forum the best and i will try to improve the level of this forum. now lets all go back to cricket and stop all non-cricket talks here. for that, v can use the off-topic forum.

also lets end this ind-aus war as well. this is total meaningless.

Spot the irony :lol:

all indians like me, rajat, CDAK and jagaways r against u. only aussies like iamdavid and co. r with u.

Please dont bring me into this.

Be a sport Amits , India lost fair & square , Sehwag also copped a bit of slack from the umpires & Steve Waugh's lbw was a shocker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must admit Im gonna miss you Amits , you always were good for a laugh :lol: