• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
amits said:
vishnureddy, u r also becoming unpatriotic. in the predictions forum, u said aus will win the 3rd test. learn something from jagaways, craig, nibblet and jamee999.
See Marc's post
also, the indian brain is the most developed brain of all humans. india invented maths. pythagoras theorem was proved 1000s of years before pythagoras actually discovered it. india, invented 0 as well. read vedic mathematics. u can learn whole vedic mathematics, which has everything about maths, in just 1 year as compared to 12 years in schools.
That can very, very easily be interpreted as neo-fascist and racist.

If I said "White English brains are superior because we are responsible for the Industrial Revolution" I would expect to be banned, and rightly so. What you say is no different at all.

My patience on this whole issue of Indian supremacy is thinner than Sanath Jayasuriya's comb-over.

Any more posts related to this whole pathetic farce will be removed from the public forum. Full Stop.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
CDAK said:
Very good. You could've done it a few pages ago.
There have been numerous warnings in the last couple of weeks.

Neil was seemingly prepared to give certain people the benefit of the doubt (rightly, IMO).

In an ideal world, forums wouldn't really need moderators to wield the big stick, and in fairness the flame war did look as though it was dying out a while ago.

Remember too that we all live in different time zones and (believe it or not) staff need a little sleep too - I regret to say that it looks as though certain people really have to be watched all the time.

What amazes me is that they probably don't even realise it.

Now, 'back to the cricket' again (for want of a better phrase).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
CDAK said:
Very good. You could've done it a few pages ago.
And would have done, had it not been for a few time zone and Christmas-related issues meaning the fact that this is my first post in this thread for a few days :)

masterblaster

International Captain
I think Lee won't be a problem for us to handle. Our bowling will really have to shape up. Agarkar and Zaheer are the keys to a victory

As an old saying goes, it takes 20 wickets to win a test match. India will surely be tested once more, because the Aussies don't fail too often.

Although Agarkar is bowling well, and I have a lot of faith in Zaheer's ability, so things are looking brighter than before.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Couple of hours left now...I'm just angry that I can't get to watch most of it...better go to bed early so I can catch the action in the morning.

Ironically, I think the side losing the toss have the advantage in this one - for both captains it will be very difficult to choose. India's batting can be excellent, but can also fall like the famous house of cards, thus for Ganguly to bat first could be very risky. If he takes the defensive option, to field, he will do the classic mistake against the Aussies, capitalised on in that 1st Ashes Test and in Hayden's innings win over Zimbabwe.

Australia face much of the same problem, although not as acute. It'll be hard to risk bowling first with their unexperienced attack (bar Lee) against that Indian batting line-up in hot mode, and that 190 all out must surely put a bit of a scare into the batsmen...perhaps enough to put them off batting first, although I think that would be the best option available too.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
For the first time in quite a number of years, the Aussies are embroiled in a series which is quite fascinating.

1 down, 2 to play against a revitalised Indian side. Was the second test a fluke, an aberration as far as the Aussies are concerned, or was it the first step in the shift of the balance of power?

The next 5 days will give further clues - it promises to be interesting from a neutral's point of view.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
I think Lee won't be a problem for us to handle. Our bowling will really have to shape up. Agarkar and Zaheer are the keys to a victory

As an old saying goes, it takes 20 wickets to win a test match. India will surely be tested once more, because the Aussies don't fail too often.

Although Agarkar is bowling well, and I have a lot of faith in Zaheer's ability, so things are looking brighter than before.
i dont think Agarkar will be quite as sucessful this test, e will still take wickets, but i doubt more than 2 or 3 an innings. the keys for india for mine are:

Zaheer - coming back form injury, he may be a littyle rusty in the first innings but i reakon (providing Australia bat twice) that he will take the majority of indian wickets than.

Dravid - he has to bat well, he is the one that is the key to the indian bat6ting, not t endulkar, tendulkar will either firs or wont - even ifd he does, he wont hang around, dravid on the other hand has the ability to hang around for, well the whole game... and will probably need to make alot more runs this game to give the indian bowlers a chance

for Australia the key is Brett Lee, he has to fire straight away and knock over many of the indian top order, Bracken has to take wickets with the new ball should he play (and i hope he does). Bicheland williams are playing for their careers, there are many bowlers are snapping at their heals and this is surely a last chance, they perform or they will be dropped (i hope)

amits

Banned
the match is about to start.

if ind bat 1st, ind will hit 300+ today.

if aus win the toss, aus will be out for less than 250 today.

cant wait for the match :D

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
amits said:
the match is about to start.

if ind bat 1st, ind will hit 300+ today.

if aus win the toss, aus will be out for less than 250 today.

cant wait for the match :D

I'm not so sure about Aus bowling, i think that without McGrath,Warne and Jason, its weak, but their batting lineup is still excellent, and i think they will surely get some decent runs , certainly more than 250!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
warrioryohannan said:
I'm not so sure about Aus bowling, i think that without McGrath,Warne and Jason, its weak, but their batting lineup is still excellent, and i think they will surely get some decent runs , certainly more than 250!
But you forget how brainless Amits is. Or, if I was being nice, biased.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Since MCG is supposed to be the quickest of the aussie pitches, I am pretty sure Steve Waugh will ask Brett Lee to bowl a lot of hostile stuff which are aimed at the batter's body. For toppling the Indian top order first up, I won't be surprised if Waugh puts the Indians into bat if he wins the toss.

Lee will either be too good or he will fail miserably.

PS: I ask all of you not to reply to amits.

The opening bowling pair of India (of Ajit Agarkar and Zaheer K) would cause create some serious problems for Australian batters. Agarkar is clealy on fire and it would be difficult for Australian batters to escape from his wrath.

I don't think lee would do anything worthwhile in this test match , infact Lee would get hammered by Indian world class batsmen.The only thing remains to be seen is weather Sachin comes out of his bad patch in this match or not.

I think India is going to win this series 2-0.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
RC/Mark - chill. It's light hearted. And there's an article on Cricinfo this week saying the MCG is very, very fast this year.