• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Maybe, but Perth is still world famous for being the quickest pitch in the world. Just because the MCG has been quick so far this year doesn't meaan it is always going to be quick. Generally, it is slower than Perth:P

ReallyCrazy

Banned
hehehe then I guess both are really pacy! And yep halsey I am reallycrazy :D

anyways, I am going out now for a movie but I will be back later! Will talk to you guys then. Bye :)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ReallyCrazy said:
hehehe then I guess both are really pacy! And yep halsey I am reallycrazy :D

anyways, I am going out now for a movie but I will be back later! Will talk to you guys then. Bye :)
Why can't all disputes end in smiles? :)

India win the toss and are batting.

330/4 at close, I reckon.

Head on plate.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Zaheer khan comes back into the Indian team in place of Pathan.

For Aus, Bicheal is the 12th man.

The most interesting thing would be the battle b/w Indian openers and Speedster Lee, Indian batters can expect plenty of shot pitch balls from Lee.

iamdavid

International Debutant
This is IMO the weakest attack Australia have taken into a test match since around the time Steve Waugh was making his debut , has gone from the best attack in the world to cannon foder.
And it didnt have to be this way either , if the selectors had picked someone like Wright , Inness (before he got sick) , Rofe , Noffke , Kasprowics , even Don Nash ( I rate him very highly) , Kaspa may be an old bugger but he's clearly a class above Bracken & Williams & his record against India is good , at least with Bichel in there they had a bit of experience , now there isnt much at all :(

Lee bowling some nice bouncers but the follow up deliveries (the one's that matter) have been rubbish.

:lol: :lol: in the first 8 overs there have been 3 hits on the helmet.
And one by Bracken :lol:

Really bar some incredibly poor batting or this pitch buckling more than expected I cant see a result here , quite simply I dont think either of these sides are good enough to bowl each other out.:(

Rich2001

International Captain
warrioryohannan said:
Zaheer khan comes back into the Indian team in place of Pathan.

For Aus, Bicheal is the 12th man.

The most interesting thing would be the battle b/w Indian openers and Speedster Lee, Indian batters can expect plenty of shot pitch balls from Lee.
Well the Indian openers are getting a real working over, already between them taken about 4 blows to the head, thank god they remembered the helmets today!

Australia looking pretty solid at the momment (Bar those run outs :rolleyes: ) :)

Last edited:

Eclipse

International Debutant
OMG this pitch is quick!! and very very dry!!

It's at it's best for batting right now IMO it's like a road ATM apart form the bounce and pace.

Allready there have there have been alot of streaky shot's and edjes to the boundry but no wickets have resulted.

I fear for Australia's bowlers if they dont get some quick wickets soon this pitch is great for batting on or will be at least for the first two days.

Choora

State Regular
And i guess thats why Ganguly opted to bat first!

India need to post a good score, around 400 + in first innings.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Ahh Shewag get's a life.

Thrird umpire gave it not out I dont know why it looked out to me.
His foot was on the line but as far as I know it's supposed to be behind the line.

biased indian

International Coach
veeru looked out from stump cam view

and a there was doubt from side on view

and most important thing the 3rd umpire was australian

:lol: :yawn: :duh: :D

krkode

State Captain
Eclipse said:
Ahh Shewag get's a life.

Thrird umpire gave it not out I dont know why it looked out to me.
His foot was on the line but as far as I know it's supposed to be behind the line.
It always looks out to the Aussie. I can say the same for myself.

The old Ganguly catch in the World Cup final, for example, i thought that was out ;)

Good start by the Indians, eh?

Eclipse

International Debutant
lol I dont think I could ever have though the Ganguly catch was out even If I was Indian.

Seriously though good start by India. They have had alot of luck and that's the reason I am slightly ****ed off but Australia have also had plenty of good luck at time's so I wont complain.

Seriously though the Shewag decision was for mine a case of the third umpire not trusting his own judgemnt.

krkode

State Captain
Australia bowled only 27 overs. Is this a little behind?

Besides, I'm surprised nothing was done to Ganguly after the first game's dillema with the Indian overrate. Did he catch up or was he just let off not to spoil the reward of his great century?:P

V Reddy

International Debutant
Good start by India :D . Hope they continue it till tea and take it session by session. Nice to see Sehwag scoring a half century too after all those 40's.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Great first session of attacking and counter-attacking test cricket with India doing really well to finish 0/89 at lunch. I think you will see the Australians change tactics after lunch and try to bore Sewag out by bowling outside off stump and giving him nothing to hit.

We certainly have a contest though - great to see.