• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

Craig

World Traveller
Eclipse said:
Plus the oz tail with Lee back and when Warne return's is quite a strong one and India's tail is faily fragile.
I dont think much of Warne and Lee's batting. I personally think they are sloggers.

NZ probably have one of the best tails in the world.

Anyway we are about to have our 100th page for this thread.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jagaways said:
there is absolutely NO way justin langer would ever make the indian side.

i reckon langer is a useless batsman, he's not even on the one-day side.
What relevance is that to a Test side?

Hayden and Langer are an excellent opening pairing, hence the theory of adding them both in.

jagaways said:
maybe average-wise langer is better, but with time i think sehwag will develop into a better player, plus he's india's version of gilchrist..india needs somebody to just go out there and get things moving.

But that person shouldn't be opening the innings - Gilchrist can bat like he does because he comes in at 7, not 1.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
amits said:
parthiv v gilchrist - parthiv (c there performances in this series, both have been neck-to-neck. parthiv is still young and with time, he can be the one of the best wicket-keepers in cricket)
But Gilchrist can hit 6's and score runs, Pathiv can't.

You've certainly changed your tune over Patel considerably here!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Linda said:
How about, amits, if the Indian team moved to Australia. Do you think that all the team, bar chopra, would get into the Australian side then?
Of course they wouldn't, becuase they would become so unpatriotic that they're no longer Indians, and therefore no longer any good in Amits eyes!

amits

Banned
marc71178 said:
But Gilchrist can hit 6's and score runs, Pathiv can't.

You've certainly changed your tune over Patel considerably here!
this is test matches. whats the need to hit 6s and score runs freely. even a 60 ball 30 by parthiv is as valuable as a 15 ball 30 by gilchrist. in test matches, if u can hang on in middle and score runs at over 50% scoring rate, its fine.

also i havent said that parthiv is better than ratra. i have only said that parthiv is better than gilchrist.

amits

Banned
y doesnt anybody c that india were also weakened ???

y is it so ?

y is the international media so aussie-biased ?

aus were without -

warne - total cr@p against india. bowling avg over 52. mcgill better than him.

lee - total joke since he was called for having a suspect action. has been hit for 1/100 in 20 overs, by guess what, teams like bangladesh and zimbabwe and that too in aussie conditions :lol: bracken better than him.

mcgrath - has lost his line and length considerably this year. williams better than him.

this shows that aus were with a full-strength team.

ind were without -

zaheer - 5 wickets in the 1st match and also 2 conscutive 5 wicket hauls against nz in the last 2 tests. he was surely being missed.

harbhajan - turbanated aussies taking 32 wickets in 3 tests on their last tour to india. he was also being missed.

====

overall, it was a weakened indian side, which beat a full-strength aussie side.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: y doesnt anybody c that india were also weakened ???

amits said:

overall, it was a weakened indian side, which beat a full-strength aussie side.
No, it was not a full strength side by any stretch of the imagination (small matter of an entire bowling attack being unavailable)

India's only real miss was Harb, and the way he's been performing recently, that is not much of a miss (especially when his replacement took a 5fer)

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
for some unpatriotic indians

FACTS TO MAKE EVERY INDIAN PROUD

Q. Who is the co-founder of Sun Microsystems?

A. Vinod Khosla

Q. Who is the creator of Pentium chip (needs no introduction as 90% of the today’s computers run on it)?

A. Vinod Dahm

Q. Who is the third richest man on the world?

A. According to the latest report on Fortune Magazine, it is Aziz Premji, who is the CEO of Wipro Industries. The Sultan of Brunei is at 6th position now.

Q. Who are the founder and creator of Hotmail (Hotmail is world’s No.1 web based email program)?

A. Sabeer Bhatia

Q. Who is the president of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT & T-Bell Labs is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, Unix to name a few)?

A. Arun Netravalli

Q. Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard?

A. Rajiv Gupta

Q. Who is the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000, responsible to iron out all initial problems?

A. Sanjay Tejwrika

Q. Who are the Chief Executives of CitiBank, Mckensey & Stanchart?

A. Victor Menezes, Rajat Gupta, and Rana Talwar.

Q. We Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in America, even faring better than the whites and the natives.

There are 3.22 millions of Indians in USA (1.5% of population). YET,

38% of doctors in USA are Indians.

12% scientists in USA are Indians.

36% of NASA scientists are Indians.

34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.

28% of IBM employees are Indians.

17% of INTEL scientists are Indians.

13% of XEROX employees are Indians.

You may know some of the following facts. These facts were recently published in a German magazine, which deals with WORLD HISTORY FACTS ABOUT INDIA.

India never invaded any country in her last 1000 years of history.

India invented the Number system. Aryabhatta invented ‘zero.’

The world’s first University was established in Takshila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.

According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software.

Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.

Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty striken and underdeveloped through political corruption, India was once the richest empire on earth.

The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago. The very word “Navigation” is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.

The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean Theorem. British scholars have last year (1999) officially published that Budhayan’s works dates to the 6th Century, which is long before the European mathematicians.

Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from Inida. Quadratic equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11th Century; the largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053.

According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds to the world.

USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Professor Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.

The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.

Chess was invented in India.

Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient India.

When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilisation).

The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.

Quotes about India.

We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.

Albert Einstein.

India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grand mother of tradition. Mark Twain.

If there is one place on the face of earth where all dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India.

Frech scholar Romain Rolland.

India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border.

Hu Shih.

(Former Chinese ambassador to USA)

ALL OF THE ABOVE IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG, THE LIST COULD BE ENDLESS.

BUT, if we don’t see even a glimpse of that great India in the India that we see today, it clearly means that we are not working up to our potential; and that if we do, we could once again be an evershining and inspiring country setting a bright path for rest of the world to follow.

I hope you enjoyed it and work towards the welfare of INDIA.

Say proudly, I AM AN INDIAN.

masterblaster

International Captain
amits said:
also i havent said that parthiv is better than ratra. i have only said that parthiv is better than gilchrist.
So Parthiv is better than Gilchrist,

Ratra is better than Parthiv

so by your logic this means, that Ratra is better than Gilchrist.

So Ratra is Better Than Gilchrist???!?!?!?!?

Good God Amit, What in the BLUEST OF BLUE HELLS have you been smoking and what in god's name are you talking about?!?!?!?!?

I think you should quit smoking the whacky tobacci right now. Are you high on weed my friend????

Good Lord Amit, where is your reasoning ????????????

Im a big Parthiv fan and supporter, but he aint better than Gilchrist YET.

Ajay Ratra?!?!?!? What in the hell possesed you to say he is better than Gilchrist and Patel????

DO STATISTICS MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?!?!?!?

I at one stage thought you were fairly intelligent.

For the past 3-4 weeks, I now KNOW that you have to be the most stupidest person, correction....most stupidest and the most un-intelligent cricket fan on the whole of the Internet.

I also NOW KNOW, that you have no cricketing knowledge whatsoever.

Im sure the rest of the 450 + members on Cricketweb.net will agree with me on this.

masterblaster

International Captain
I am an Indian, and a damn proud one.

But I don't need you Rajat or you Amit, to tell me who I am. Firstly I know myself, God knows me, and I am true to myself.

Thats All That Matters!!!!

All those Indian's you have highlighted, have immigrated to foreign lands at one point or another.

But that idiot, Amit thinks that any Indian who leaves their country is unpatriotic. So are all those Indians in the USA, UK and all unpatriotic???

You both are so misinformed about Patriotism, Its not funny.

Mr Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi studied in Cambridge, England. He resided in South Africa for many, many years. Was the man unpatriotic???!?!?!?!?!?

The great India does not discriminate against its people. The great Indian nation embraces people of all religions and promotes the well being of everyone. You both sing the praises of India, but what have YOU done to add to India's rich history????

You can say all whatever the hell you wan't, but remember actions speak louder than words. Your racist bigotry and fundamentalist views will not get you very far in this world. There is absolutely nothing wrong with immigration, and once again all the people who have made a mark for India have immigrated and worked in foreign lands.

Once again, I am a proud Indian, always have been always will be. But its people like you and Amit who bring the good name of our people and our Cricket history and tradition into the mud.

Shame on both of you.

As an Indian I have nothing more to say to both of you.
Your not Indian, you two are disgraces.

**Completely disgruntled and angry**

Forgive me my fellow posters if I have said anything out of line.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re: y doesnt anybody c that india were also weakened ???

Originally posted by amits harbhajan - turbanated aussies taking 32 wickets in 3 tests on their last tour to india. he was also being missed.
What has he done overseas recently?

Mr Mxyzptlk

amits said:
parthiv v gilchrist - parthiv (c there performances in this series, both have been neck-to-neck. parthiv is still young and with time, he can be the one of the best wicket-keepers in cricket)
Once more you're knowledge amazes me. Naturally only Gilchrist's last 2 Tests mean anything. That's the only way to judge a player!

(Warning: The above post contained sarcasm.)

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
First of all, by replying to this thread, i dont know wat u want to prove. Maybe u want to prove that u r unpatriotic. as this thread was meant for unpatriotic indians. also i never said that the indians who go offshore are unpatriotic..

i have never in this forum said anything against u or any indian, so u dont have the right to say such ludicrous words to me.

By the wat disgrace have i brought by any of my posts. i would like an answer from u about this.
May be i will know what disgrace i have brought to the indian community.

Mr Mxyzptlk

amits said:
this is test matches. whats the need to hit 6s and score runs freely. even a 60 ball 30 by parthiv is as valuable as a 15 ball 30 by gilchrist. in test matches, if u can hang on in middle and score runs at over 50% scoring rate, its fine.

60-ball 30 from Patel is useful to the Indian cause, but a 65-ball 58 would be much more so.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
rajat said:
First of all, by replying to this thread, i dont know wat u want to prove. Maybe u want to prove that u r unpatriotic. as this thread was meant for unpatriotic indians. also i never said that the indians who go offshore are unpatriotic..

i have never in this forum said anything against u or any indian, so u dont have the right to say such ludicrous words to me.

By the wat disgrace have i brought by any of my posts. i would like an answer from u about this.
May be i will know what disgrace i have brought to the indian community.
The point has been made very clearly - this is a cricket forum of an international nature and discussions about what basically amounts to nationalism and ethnic purity under the pretext of 'patriotism' have no place here - or anywhere else for that matter.

Kindly keep your remarks to the subject of cricket and everyone will get along fine. Amits is perfectly entitled to protest that India are a better team than Australia, you are perfectly entitled to back him up in those arguments, others are equally entitled to attempt to shoot those arguments down in flames.

Do not ignore this warning, please.

Eclipse

International Debutant
The thing is rajat and I am not going to lay any blame on you because I have not read many of your post's but people do get sick of some of the crazy Indian supporters who come here every so often and just make redicules comment's about there team and how "they are better than Australia" or "Tendulkar is better than Bradman" or "Parthiv Petal is better than Gilchrist" and so on.

It's just down right agrivating to here souch nonsense. We know you guys are passionate about your team but It seem's alot of you (hope I am not genralising here) go a little to far.

iamdavid

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
For the past 3-4 weeks, I now KNOW that you have to be the most stupidest person, correction....most stupidest and the most un-intelligent cricket fan on the whole of the Internet.

I also NOW KNOW, that you have no cricketing knowledge whatsoever.

Im sure the rest of the 450 + members on Cricketweb.net will agree with me on this.
I agree :)

jagaways

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The thing is rajat and I am not going to lay any blame on you because I have not read many of your post's but people do get sick of some of the crazy Indian supporters who come here every so often and just make redicules comment's about there team and how "they are better than Australia" or "Tendulkar is better than Bradman" or "Parthiv Petal is better than Gilchrist" and so on.
It's just down right agrivating to here souch nonsense. We know you guys are passionate about your team but It seem's alot of you (hope I am not genralising here) go a little to far.
u are a complete fool. that was the most ridiculous post i've ever read. if u get aggravated by people stating their opinions, then go home and have a cry in your bed. this is forum is all about ppl sharing their opinions! and do me a favour, go back to primary school and learn HOW TO SPELL. jeez..my lil sister is 10 and she makes less spelling errors than u. i mean come on...agrivating? genralising? redicules?

anyway..a couple of my opinions for the day (for eclipse's benefit)

India is better than Australia

Tendulkar is better than Bradman

Parthiv Patel is better than Gilchrist

V Reddy

International Debutant
amits said:
Amit, i hope you are joking for your sake.If you are indeed joking, then your jokes are not being taken well. I remember you saying that you come here to make patriotic posts which means you are saying this knowing that they are false or not going to happen. You are being more unpatriotic than patriotic. You represent India here and by making such posts , the people from other countries get bad opinion on you and that transfers to India too. Also stop including " patriotic " in every other message you post, it gets annoying.