• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jamesryfler said:
Marc, has it occurred to you that Harbhajan's finger injury (sustained in the world cup) had a contributory effect to his lacklustre bowling performance not only in Brisbane but also the home tests against NZ where conditions were decidedly more favourable for finger spin bowling.
If it had then it's still a good thing for India he's not playing since he's not up to it!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
as for harbajans finger, if it was so bad, he wouldn't have played and Kumble would have, so thats no excuse
It's bad enough to require surgery and it has finished his tour. I don't think he told the selectors how bad it was. Seriously he seemed to be bowling well below his best, and that injury has been mentioned for quite a while. It's on his spinning finger, which restricts how much spin you can put on the ball, just a tad mind :P

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to Rahul Dravid - such an entertaining innings.:D

First double century against Australia in Australia since Lara's 277 in Sydney (I think).

Now Kumble is gone.

India 8/510

Last edited:

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Why on earth would he have injured pride?
Williams has a damaged AC joint, and will most likely miss the rest of the series.....Lee took 3 wickets and scored 74 not out in the pura cup match.
I think he would be a certainty for Boxing day.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
warrioryohannan said:
Had Umpiring decision not gone against India (AA being very unlucky), had Sehwag not dropped the catch and had Zaheer been fit and had played in the match, Australia might not had even scored more than 350!!

Aussies reserves bowlers aren't good enough, they need Lee,McGrath and Warne VERY badly.I think if those three aren't available, then we might see Australia struggling to win matches against some teams!
I'm sorry? AA?? If you mean Agarkar, he was cleanly caught at mid on?
Our reserve bowlers kept a very strong Indian batting line up to less than our first innings score......I think we are doing ok, thanks.

plotoder

Cricket Spectator
Ponting survives another plumb LBW decision.. brrr

EDIT: Well I am off to watch the match in full swing, dont want to be a commentator here.. Enjoy! :)

Mister Wright

plotoder said:
Ponting survives another plumb LBW decision.. brrr

EDIT: Well I am off to watch the match in full swing, dont want to be a commentator here.. Enjoy! :)
It was anything but plumb...close but not plumb. I think it wasn't out.

Mister Wright

Kenny said:
gee, how often would a guy get a big double hundred and then get out for a globe in the second innings?
I was thinking the same thing. Langer was the first Australian since Mark Waugh a couple of years ago to score a 100 & a 0 in the one match. Now twice in two matches. But a 200 & 0, that would be interesting to find out the last player to do that.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Kenny said:
I'm sorry? AA?? If you mean Agarkar, he was cleanly caught at mid on?
Our reserve bowlers kept a very strong Indian batting line up to less than our first innings score......I think we are doing ok, thanks.
I think he meant AA bowling to Ponting in the first innings.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
I was thinking the same thing. Langer was the first Australian since Mark Waugh a couple of years ago to score a 100 & a 0 in the one match. Now twice in two matches. But a 200 & 0, that would be interesting to find out the last player to do that.
Vivian Richards?