• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
But given the pitch conditions and the second string bowling attack, you have to say India not falling short by 30-40 runs every game, the batting has to take the blame.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just look at the bowling line up the Aussies are playing. Have to score 330. Anything below that is going to be very difficult to defend.
The bowling lineup Australia are playing is irrelevant when it comes to defending the score though.

indiaholic

International Captain
Not defending the bowling at all btw.. But I don't see why they should be the only ones to take the blame. The bowling has been rubbish but the batting has been decidedly mediocre.

indiaholic

International Captain
Yes but why can't these guys just defend 300? Or at least make it a close loss? The last two were easy wins and this one will be too
Because our bowling is ****. We agree on that.

What I don't agree on is that our batsmen should not be blamed just because our bowlers are rubbish. The batsmen have been serving up sub par scores and thus are clearly failing to hold up their end of the bargain.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

What I don't agree on is that our batsmen should not be blamed just because our bowlers are rubbish. The batsmen have been serving up sub par scores and thus are clearly failing to hold up their end of the bargain.
296 is not sub par on the MCG. It may be par, but it is most definitely not sub par.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

I think if Australia scored 300 first up, they would struggle to defend it as well with this bowling attack.

The difference is, Australia would likely make about 350 batting first. This is why India's batting is not delivering what they are expected to.

Both bowling attacks are dire.

Spark

Global Moderator
Chasing 300 just should not be this facile.

No indication thus far that 330 wouldn't be a reasonably easy chase either in any of these games.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Chasing 300 just should not be this facile.
yep, I don't care if your batting line-up "only" scored 300 against a bunch of 18 year olds, once you've got the 300 your bowlers should be able to make it tight.

If the one thing people talk about on this tour is India's inability to accelerate in the last 20 overs then Indian cricket isn't going to get anywhere.

Spark

Global Moderator
yep, I don't care if your batting line-up "only" scored 300 against a bunch of 18 year olds, once you've got the 300 your bowlers should be able to make it tight.

If the one thing people talk about on this tour is India's inability to accelerate in the last 20 overs then Indian cricket isn't going to get anywhere.
Yeah, as I said in my edit, hardly any indication thus far that even if they put on 330 as suggested, that wouldn't be chased down either.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
I think if Australia scored 300 first up, they would struggle to defend it as well with this bowling attack.

The difference is, Australia would likely make about 350 batting first. This is why India's batting is not delivering what they are expected to.

I'll be the first to say this australian attack isn't our best but it's streets ahead of this indian attack.

Faulkner and Hastings were good at the death

Spark

Global Moderator
This fielding, **** me.

The Aus attack isn't great, but it's well-drilled. You can rely on them to at least stick vaguely to a plan.