• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Radar suggests we're about to get another burst of rain.

Possibly an improvement on watching dot balls and singles whilst listening to Warne talk about pizza.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What's the story with the lights - are they allowed if need be?
Standard Playing Conditions

3.7 Use of artificial lights
If in the opinion of the umpires, natural light is deteriorating to an unfit level, they shall authorize the ground authorities to use the available artificial lighting so that the match can continue in acceptable conditions.
The lights are only to be used to enable a full day’s play to be completed as provided in clause 16 below.
In the event of power failure or lights malfunction, the provisions relating to the delay or interruption of play due to bad weather or light shall apply.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just stfu you clowns, this is painful. Send a runner out to Marsh to do something interesting before everyone necks themselves listening to this drivel.

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Warne is just an attention seeking missile and he says so little with so many words. I used to idolise him and now I can't stand him

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Can't help but feel that the commentary is a reflection on the play. Would also like to work out what on earth Dhoni's plan to win this must-win match is.

Ham & Pineapple, ftr.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
This is probably the worst commentary I've ever heard.
By far.

Raining again.

So I guess get about 380 lead minimum and declare. Either ways it's very likely it's gonna be a draw. If India need to win, force them to do something drastic. We're 2-0 up, no need to do anything special.

DingDong

State Captain
what the hell is smith doing? this sort of cricket is going to kill the sport. grow a backbone and either score quickly or declare. it's already a record score, have some faith in ur bowlers ffs.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Can't help but feel that the commentary is a reflection on the play. Would also like to work out what on earth Dhoni's plan to win this must-win match is.
Is it a must-win? I get the feeling that India will be all to happy to settle for a draw. They might even gloat over it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What rum did you go for?

Just listen to the podcast!
Lambs navy rum tonight

Got Morgan spiced gold, Bacardi oakheart, tanduay and appletons in the house as well

Will get on that pod cast tomorrow I think. Should get the last disc of true detective tomorrow too

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's weird that family isnt around into the dressing rooms, so lyon and warner have to lean over to see their kids

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just switched back over and it seems it's raining again. Englandesque batting from the Aussies?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Is it a must-win? I get the feeling that India will be all to happy to settle for a draw. They might even gloat over it.
My interpretation was that 2-0 down with two to play rather put the onus on the trailing side to force the pace.

If that's Dhoni's plan then it's worse than any pizza/commentary/pizza commentary.

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Despite the cringeworthy comm it was funny to watch Taylor get stumped advancing to the spinner and then leaving it. Made Maxwell not look so bad. Now if only the commentators heads could explode the same way.........