• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Spark

Global Moderator
Who was it who slapped Sreesanth in the ipl? Fmd that was gold.
Harbhajan!

---

Also I don't want to hear any other candidates for "dumbest shot in history" other than the moment of sheer genius we saw just a few hours ago

DingDong

State Captain
good to see kohli sledging back. Johnson had a McGrath type breakdown after kohli went after him. just awful bowling today.

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Can someone translate the Afridi video for me or would simply just look something like this:
%&*$#@***&%$#&%@%$****&'%%$*****&%$#@

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** you guys are ****. Kohli did not complain about sledging in Adelaide and he's always been a sledge himself so leave the culture argument out of it. He is baiting the Aussies because they pissed him off today and he got hit with a cricket ball which **** him. Ffs.

And **** off with your keep it on the field but not in a presser ****. No one cares about your sledging rules.

Hope India send out ashwin for every press conference from here forward and he gives **** all.

the big bambino

International Captain
Debatable. Sledging as a natural part of cricket may not be the best idea either.
Settled really. Sledging is only an issue for Indian players, admins, fans and journos. Only ever arises out as a complaint from them. So either sledge or complain about it but don't do both bcos the hypocrisy is getting tedious.

My opinion is that it's no secret that Kohli is a dick but in a world where you have seasoned calm pressmen like Ravi Ashwin or the extremely dour like Cook, it's sort pf nice and refreshing to see Kohli come out and say what, he - as an arrogant, brilliant and passionate player, after scoring an amazing 169 - is on his mind. It might be hot headed, rude or immature but he's saying what he feels. These guys are not ****ing PR reps, they're sportsmen and I think we should encourage people to speak their mind and make the game that much more colourful.

If Kohli after copping one on his body, getting hit in the head and falling in the first test, having several words with him, hitting three fours in a row and three centuries in three tests should have a readymade, typewritten script from Rahul Dravid where he says Mitchell Johnson is an awesome bowler, we were just taking it one ball at a time, all credit to Dhonibhai for giving the youngsters confidence and we look forward to tomorrow and that would make you all happy, I don't know what to say. It's time press conferences stopped being the cluster**** of diplomatic bull**** that is predominant in these times and players actually let the world know what exactly they're feeling after a physically exhausting and emotionally grueling day of test cricket.
Have to admit I don't watch many pressers and I didn't this one either. The reason being pressers are rarely enlightening and degenerate into one of the 2 clichés described in your 2nd para. I can tolerate them by ignoring them but imo the hypocritical moron who speaks his tiny mind is far worse than the staid diplomat who, in showing restraint, is atleast thinking of something other than himself.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm just trying to figure out what in particular the ball did to him. Did it **** him, or **** him?

cnerd123

likes this
Settled really. Sledging is only an issue for Indian players, admins, fans and journos. Only ever arises out as a complaint from them. So either sledge or complain about it but don't do both bcos the hypocrisy is getting tedious.
To be fair I think they're getting the idea now. Some have chosen to just focus on playing good cricket (Rahane, Bhuvi) and some seem to have decided to sledge back (the rest of the ****s).

Just explaining why it seems to be an issue and why the Indians seem so forced and ugly when they go about doing it. They aren't actually complaining about the sledging, they're just trying to justify their own use of it, as it seems to have backfired on them at moments and looks horrible in general.

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Am I the only one who's simply bored with the poor quality of sledging these days? What happened to clever, appropriate jibes?

Spark

Global Moderator
Am I the only one who's simply bored with the poor quality of sledging these days? What happened to clever, appropriate jibes?
In fairness we don't actually hear most of them, so

but "i've scored more runs than you this series" was just this year

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha. Perfect poor holy Indians being brought down to the levels of those lowly aussie scum!
Hahaha yeah pretty bad.

My fellow Indian cricket fan posters started strong like Kohli and Rahane and then Rahul'd it with this culture stuff and ****ed it all up.

Favourite bit of the cricket today even more than Kohli and Rahane, was an Aussie fan asking out loud if Rahul was Rahul dravids son. Fist pump moment.

the big bambino

International Captain
[
**** you guys are ****. Kohli did not complain about sledging in Adelaide and he's always been a sledge himself so leave the culture argument out of it. He is baiting the Aussies because they pissed him off today and he got hit with a cricket ball which **** him. Ffs.

And **** off with your keep it on the field but not in a presser ****. No one cares about your sledging rules.

Hope India send out ashwin for every press conference from here forward and he gives **** all.
That's the spirit!

Plenty good material for both teams here.