• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** Dhoni is so quick with those stumpings. Looks so cool doing it too.

Well deserved wicket for Ashwin, he's bowled very consistently without trying too much.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Does anyone understand the role of Fletcher? His results have been God awful but there never seems any doubts over his position. Surely plans and the like are primarily his job? They've just been awful, right from the start with that round the wicket gash in Adelaide.
Not fletcher's biggest fan but this team has 2 players aged 30 or above. Fletcher was **** during 2011 but I think if they were going to keep the fat **** it may as well be with a young team.

Agree on strategy by the way but my. Gut says it's Dhoni. See lords

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone understand the role of Fletcher? His results have been God awful but there never seems any doubts over his position. Surely plans and the like are primarily his job? They've just been awful, right from the start with that round the wicket gash in Adelaide.
Yeah I agree, I mean Dhoni's always been more on instinct rather coming up with plans for each batsmen and bowler, so I would imagine its Fletcher and co who are coming up with the actual bowling plans, after which Dhoni alters it accordingly depending on the match situation.

Daemon

I really wish Kirsten hadn't left

Daemon

oh yeah lets keep bowling short. it's only got 0 wickets and conceded about 100 runs today.

morgieb

If any prick thinks a lack of meat eaten by Indians compared to the Pakistani diet is why India have been **** today I'm going to force feed them mutton biryani until they die of fatness.
Well, a mutton biryani does look nice.

Riggins

International Captain
I love Smitty's old man shuffle when he's taking a very easy single. Especially the both hand bat hold.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
One always knew Indian commentators/experts were not allowed to say anything even remotely negative about BCCI, talk of IPL in any terms other than to say how good it is for the health of all forms of cricket, never discuss UDRS etc. Now we know, listening to Manjrekar and Gavaskar, one would wonder if there is another one . . . NEVER criticise MSD and his tactics. The problems India faces in getting rid of the latter part of batting sides in match after match has to do with everything except the inexplicable tactics of BCCI's, India Cements and Srinivasan's favourite cricketer

Every suggestion of Hayden's to suggest the tactics may have something to do with it is met with 'crookedly' straight bat by Sunny Gavaskar.

Last edited:

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Should have got Yadav to try the short ball tactic, Shammi doesn't have the pace.
No. Should have ditched the short-ball tactic, used it sparingly but focused on pitching it up consistently near off stump and bowling tight. Idk when/whether India will get that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Did Dhoni not realise it was the last ball of the over? Why on earth were they giving Smith the single?