• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Swingpanzee

International Regular
It was a morning session bowling to the tail that was my ultimate low point. There were plenty of dire afternoons with the bat.
Yeah the way they bowled to the tail was pathetic. India just as (if not more) worse.

Johnson flaying them now.

Spark

Global Moderator
There was that period just before his Oval hundred where Smithy was looking good but making 70's and 80's and not hundreds. Someone wrote an article about how Clarke had spoken to him about how to make hundreds and since then he's been converting like mad. Always thought Clarke didn't get enough credit for that.
post it, ****

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It was a morning session bowling to the tail that was my ultimate low point. There were plenty of dire afternoons with the bat.
Haddin and Lyon added 40 that morning. But we were still on top. That period after Cook got out broke me though. Was batting well till Johnson got the reverse stuff going.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haddin and Lyon added 40 that morning. But we were still on top. That period after Cook got out broke me though. Was batting well till Johnson got the reverse stuff going.
I distinctly remember Root getting run out by an MJ direct hit and then Bell chipping one to mid-off next ball to the amusement and surprise of all involved

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I distinctly remember Root getting run out by an MJ direct hit and then Bell chipping one to mid-off next ball to the amusement and surprise of all involved
That Root run-out was superb. Cook had gone and Australia had the advantage but the game was sort of meandering on, and then that wicket out of nowhere. It wasn't even a mix up IIRC. Just an awesome direct throw.

Spark

Global Moderator
That Root run-out was superb. Cook had gone and Australia had the advantage but the game was sort of meandering on, and then that wicket out of nowhere. It wasn't even a mix up IIRC. Just an awesome direct throw.
It was, but the Bell dismissal was truly magnificent. No one could quite believe that he'd actually done it, least of all Johnson who took the catch - he just sort of stood there for a bit in disbelief

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
why do we keep bowling short? I just don't get it, there is no point in trying to buy Johnson's wicket.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Such bad bowling from the seamers. It's not just about them not being able to land it where they want it, but their plans are all ****ed up. Jono was spot on when he said more than everything else, a lack of brains is the reason why India can't produce decent quicks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If any prick thinks a lack of meat eaten by Indians compared to the Pakistani diet is why India have been **** today I'm going to force feed them mutton biryani until they die of fatness.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Such bad bowling from the seamers. It's not just about them not being able to land it where they want it, but their plans are all ****ed up. Jono was spot on when he said more than everything else, a lack of brains is the reason why India can't produce decent quicks.
Does anyone understand the role of Fletcher? His results have been God awful but there never seems any doubts over his position. Surely plans and the like are primarily his job? They've just been awful, right from the start with that round the wicket gash in Adelaide.