• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

octobertiger

Cricket Spectator
Kings Lynn v Exeter? Deery me.

Is Steve Flack still up front for you lot?

Anyways...Hick's average altered little when I changed the 0 to 8 and back again. Then I played yet again with 0 and he got an average of 70+ over the 7 summer tests.

So - its a hard thing to test. I have no stomach for playing 40+ tests.

I dunno if you could call Pietersen, Bell etc. true test class or v v good county players...hmmm...my argument doesn't add up 100%, methinks. Still, all of the great batsmen in the game seem to have an 8. Find one who doesn't, I challenge you. There must be something in it. I tell you! (screams madly)

Right, have spent too much time on this point. Might have a look at bowling again. Do we know what the 12th offset is for, or has someone mentioned it already?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
12th offset was nailed a couple of days back.

00 = Finger Spin
01 = Wrist Spin
02 = Medium
03 = Medium Fast
04 = Fast Medium
05 = Fast

Dunno how to change the hands yet.

Flackie is still at the Park and still loved by some and hated by the rest. Like Steve Harmison, really. We won 3-0 - Sheldon, Devine & Cronin, direct from a corner. Arlesey in the next round...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
octobertiger said:
I dunno if you could call Pietersen, Bell etc. true test class or v v good county players...hmmm...my argument doesn't add up 100%, methinks. Still, all of the great batsmen in the game seem to have an 8. Find one who doesn't, I challenge you. There must be something in it. I tell you! (screams madly)
Pietersen, Bell & Bassano are all class acts on the game.

I agree that there must be something - but what? :alien8:

octobertiger

Cricket Spectator
yeah i remember it being written now. ta.

everything practically must be covered. So what offsets are left? I keep calling them offsteds. Bloody teaching.

i'm going to turn the warwickshire team into a bunch of demi-gods and will see what happens. might give some players the crazy 8 and others not.

what cup you playing in? egg cup? have never heard of arseley :P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FA Trophy. Arlesley (it's near Stevenage) did for Dagenham in the last round! We're 3 wins from Villa Park...

As for OfSTED... I'm not gonna say anything. Not the most popular word in my family. Beats "league tables" marginally, however!

We have a bunch of seven offsets after the bowling offsets that I have no idea what they do because they make the game break when I change them.

Then there's the numbers between Nationality & Salary, and those between Bowling History and the ones we've been playing with for ages.

The most important ones we need to find now are states/counties and ethnicity.

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Flackie is still at the Park and still loved by some and hated by the rest. Like Steve Harmison, really. We won 3-0 - Sheldon, Devine & Cronin, direct from a corner. Arlesey in the next round... [/B][/QUOTE]

Arlesey - thats up the road from me - about 1 mile.

Sorry its got nothing to do with cracking the code but then I've only just learnt how to run a hex program.

Strangly enough it makes fasinating reading and I can't wait to see how the 'story' unfolds.

Keep up the great work!!

octobertiger

Cricket Spectator
Oh the pain and suffering that ofsted's cause!

I have looked into county allegiance, and am pretty sure that the unknown areas around salary and contracts aren't them...will look again, hopefully on Friday. If it isn't solved by then!

I just boosted Pollock's stats and he starred in his first game. Hit 144 and took 11-60 across 2 innings. I put his strike rate up to FF, which helped - though it cost him over 4 runs an over. Usually hes quite miserly, Mr Pollock.

I mucked around with N Warren, changing his batting prefs and giving him maximum batting ability. Something's gone wrong tho. I can't select him, he's away on permanent international duty! Cwazy.

'Nite all 8D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And my final note for the night before I watch the highlights of Spurs' foul-up of the century:

Bowling hands nailed - quite easy really. The first digit of the eleventh offset (9-F for bowling ability) reflects as 1-7 for cack handers.

Hence Giles/Vaas (1) = Harbhajan/Hoggard (9) and Flintoff (A) = Zaheer Khan (2) :)

Counties next up! We'll get there!

rangers4ever

Cricket Spectator
first of all terrific work guys.And i want to help but i have xp and i type in"C:\Program Files\Empire Interactive\Copy of International Cricket Captain 2002\convdb.exe" -d data.db aaaa.txt

an error message pops up saying convdb.exe has encountered a problem and must close . i wanted to know if ive typed it wrong or if someone else has this problem...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Try downloading the DLL files on the earlier pages - and there's no need for the quotes, I don't think.

Add me to your Messenger if you have any more problems.

rangers4ever

Cricket Spectator
sorry what i didnt mention is that i have the dll's and it actually goes to the dos screen and then comes up with the error. and there is nothing on the dos screen. and thanx for the quick reply.MSN MESSENGER

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Well done Neil, Tiger, Halsley and Andre.

Keep up the good work,

Will be expecting a full working ICC 2002 editor from you guys soon.

Keep up the good work!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yes, I know, but it doesn't affect anything else.

Also, whatever their raw ability, the more economical a bowler is, the more effective a bowler is. If he is set as a wicket taker, he seems to have a higher average.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not in my experience - it makes little difference to his average - it just increases his SR at the cost of the ER.