• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

Eclipse

International Debutant
No I cant even open that database up at all.. never could.

I just re-installed xp and I cant remember how I got it working last time..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
ICC 2002 databases are backward-compatible with 2001 and 2000 but I don't think it works the other way... you'd be best off starting with the 2002 DB.

straw

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Has anyone taken a look at the bmps.pak file. I've tried a few pak file viewer but have had no luck. It might contain kits and other graphics.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Sorry, but I've been searching around for those files which you put in the ICC directory and it did the decripting and encripting for you - where are they?

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
not to rush u or anything, but neil when do u think the magpie editor will work glithless and smoothly. (give a approximation in weeks or months)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Can't really do that - I don't know the exact nature of either the dodgy bowling ability edits or the career history bugs.

gio

U19 Cricketer
I thought Dan was going to give you a helping hand?... but that was a good few months ago now.

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
Any more news on the editor, Neil?

I've had a quick read through the thread and would just like to ask about a few things:
Is it possible to set a player's default fielding position(s)?
Are you any closer to finding out how to change a player's real bowling skill (ie, rather than Warne rated at a lowly 102, Murali at 96, while Craig White is at 110)?
Ditto with the fixtures?
Is there any chance to alter the options in 2-player games so it is possible to skip the match (like a simulation league)?

That's all on my mind for now, if you could respond to those points I'd be very appreciative. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
ICC Fan said:
Any more news on the editor, Neil?

I've had a quick read through the thread and would just like to ask about a few things:
Is it possible to set a player's default fielding position(s)?
Are you any closer to finding out how to change a player's real bowling skill (ie, rather than Warne rated at a lowly 102, Murali at 96, while Craig White is at 110)?
Ditto with the fixtures?
Is there any chance to alter the options in 2-player games so it is possible to skip the match (like a simulation league)?

That's all on my mind for now, if you could respond to those points I'd be very appreciative. :)
I'm sorry, but the answer to all of these questions is at present "no". :(

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
One I wouldn't think would be too difficult would be allowing country teams in two player games to face a original team.

Is it at all possible to use any save game?

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
gio said:
I thought Dan was going to give you a helping hand?... but that was a good few months ago now.
I sent an email to my contact in Empire and got no response.

I also spoke to the lead programmer about the editor and sent him the details I could make available to Neil but he specifically asked me not to send it.

The details I have are a complete breakdown of all the database structures showing the precise bit field layout. The original way the data was shown as hex digits isn't precise enough as one digit doesn't always represent 1 thing but could represent up to 4 things in extreme conditions. Also many values go across multiple digits but the first and last are only partly used. Until you start thinking in terms of bits not hex-digits it is unlikely you will track the few items you are missing and correct the unfortunately numerous that are wrong.

Fixtures are another issue and it is exceptionally unlikely they will get decoded. I don't have those details and they were generated using a program I don't have the source code for.

So in summary would like to help but my hands are tied. I did mention this all to Neil.

Daniel.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hex digits to bits: where a hex-digit = F, I assume this translates to a bit field of 1111.

We made this breakdown, just in an inefficient manner due to the lack of complete information and stab-in-the-dark nature of the decoding process.

The help is much appreciated, Dan.