• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - ICC Inter-Contential Cup 2005

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
In the recent InterContential Match Nepal off to a steady start at 5/246 at stumps first day. I don't think the result of this match matters too much cus UAE are pretty much in the finals. They have 30 pts and Nepal have 8.5, the most points you can get in a game is 30, but UAE already have 2.5, so if they get another 6.5 then they go through.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Nepal got screwed over by the rains against Hong Kong last week, which didn't help things.
Yeah it didn't help them, but i don't think they would have won anyway and made the finals infront of UAE. But it is nice to see Shakti Gauchan score a fifty, he was the guy that held the Nepal U19 batting line up together to beat RSA U19, in the last youth World Cup. He scored a fifty while everyone else got out around him. The other guy that got a fifty for Nepal yesterday was Sharad Vesawkar, who also part of that U19 side, he got 27 aganist RSA. The future looks good for Nepal with those guys in the middle order. BTW Sharad Vesawkar is still only 16, he made the U19 side at the age of 14, impressive stuff.

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Yeah it didn't help them, but i don't think they would have won anyway and made the finals infront of UAE. But it is nice to see Shakti Gauchan score a fifty, he was the guy that held the Nepal U19 batting line up together to beat RSA U19, in the last youth World Cup. He scored a fifty while everyone else got out around him. The other guy that got a fifty for Nepal yesterday was Sharad Vesawkar, who also part of that U19 side, he got 27 aganist RSA. The future looks good for Nepal with those guys in the middle order. BTW Sharad Vesawkar is still only 16, he made the U19 side at the age of 14, impressive stuff.
Not to forget Nepal has just come back winning under 15 asia cup 2005 held in UAE.
This time the competition was without asian test playing nations nevetheless great achievement for the country.
Unfortunately senior players have not performed well as the U 17 or U 15. World cup qualifying was a disaster to our hopes.
The batting is not impressive except for couple of players like Sakti and Sharad. Bowling and fielding is quite strong.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Stumps Day 2 between Nepal and UAE, has Nepal well on top, they declared their innings at 7/287. Then they went on the dismiss UAE for 164, with Arshad Ali carring his bat scoring 81, Nepal then finished at 2/45, a lead of 168. Im not sure if Nepal's performances will be enough to qualify for the semi but.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Rosh said:
Not to forget Nepal has just come back winning under 15 asia cup 2005 held in UAE.
This time the competition was without asian test playing nations nevetheless great achievement for the country.
Unfortunately senior players have not performed well as the U 17 or U 15. World cup qualifying was a disaster to our hopes.
The batting is not impressive except for couple of players like Sakti and Sharad. Bowling and fielding is quite strong.
I think the below par performances for the senior team is a lot to do with the inexperience of the the side. In this match aganist i think only Raj Pradhan is over 30 and the rest of the guys are under 25, well the guys that have CricInfo pages. The captain of the team is only 22. Once these guys mature they could be an ok side.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Stumps Day 2 between Nepal and UAE, has Nepal well on top, they declared their innings at 7/287. Then they went on the dismiss UAE for 164, with Arshad Ali carring his bat scoring 81, Nepal then finished at 2/45, a lead of 168. Im not sure if Nepal's performances will be enough to qualify for the semi but.
Why on earth didn't Nepal enforce the follow on?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Not sure what the follow on rules are but i would say they didn't have a big enough lead.
I was under the impression that five days = 200 runs, four days = 150 and three days = 100 runs.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
I was under the impression that five days = 200 runs, four days = 150 and three days = 100 runs.
Or not. Two days is 100 runs, and three/four days are both 150 runs.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
I looked at the playing conditions and it said under 'Follow On' Law 13 applies. What Law 13, do you know??

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Law 13 (The follow-on)

1. Lead on first innings
(a) In a two innings match of 5 days or more, the side which bats first and leads by at least 200 runs shall have the option of requiring the other side to follow their innings.

(b) The same option shall be available in two innings matches of shorter duration with the minimum required leads as follows:
(i) 150 runs in a match of 3 or 4 days;
(ii) 100 runs in a 2-day match;
(iii) 75 runs in a 1-day match.

2. Notification
A captain shall notify the opposing captain and the umpires of his intention to take up this option. Law 10.1(e) (Insufficient time to complete rolling) shall apply.

3. First day’s play lost
If no play takes place on the first day of a match of more than one day's duration, 1 above shall apply in accordance with the number of days remaining from the actual start of the match. The day on which play first commences shall count as a whole day for this purpose, irrespective of the time at which play starts.
Play will have taken place as soon as, after the call of Play, the first over has started. See Law 22.2 (Start of an over).

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Law 13 (The follow-on)

1. Lead on first innings
(a) In a two innings match of 5 days or more, the side which bats first and leads by at least 200 runs shall have the option of requiring the other side to follow their innings.

(b) The same option shall be available in two innings matches of shorter duration with the minimum required leads as follows:
(i) 150 runs in a match of 3 or 4 days;
(ii) 100 runs in a 2-day match;
(iii) 75 runs in a 1-day match.

2. Notification
A captain shall notify the opposing captain and the umpires of his intention to take up this option. Law 10.1(e) (Insufficient time to complete rolling) shall apply.

3. First day’s play lost
If no play takes place on the first day of a match of more than one day's duration, 1 above shall apply in accordance with the number of days remaining from the actual start of the match. The day on which play first commences shall count as a whole day for this purpose, irrespective of the time at which play starts.
Play will have taken place as soon as, after the call of Play, the first over has started. See Law 22.2 (Start of an over).
75 runs in a 1-day match.????
Pls help me to understand.........

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rosh said:
75 runs in a 1-day match.????
Pls help me to understand.........
First class matches are very, very rarely played over one day. I think the most likely implementation of that rule will be in Minor Counties games in the past that were played over two days, where ther first day was washed out, and the wicket as a result is a batting nightmare..

Team A 129 all out, Team B 46 all out, follow on.

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
First class matches are very, very rarely played over one day. I think the most likely implementation of that rule will be in Minor Counties games in the past that were played over two days, where ther first day was washed out, and the wicket as a result is a batting nightmare..

Team A 129 all out, Team B 46 all out, follow on.
OK, Thanks.

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
Unfortunately I have not been able to go to watch. Here's the latest score;
Nepal vs UAE (Day III)
UAE 2nd Inning 18/2 (10 over)
Targert for UAE: 249

Nepal: 287/7d & 125/6d
UAE: 164 all out

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rosh said:
Unfortunately I have not been able to go to watch. Here's the latest score;
Nepal vs UAE (Day III)
UAE 2nd Inning 18/2 (10 over)
Targert for UAE: 249

Nepal: 287/7d & 125/6d
UAE: 164 all out
Nepal win by 173 runs, but miss out on semi spot by 2 runs.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Rosh said:
Nepal win by 173 runs, but miss out on semi spot by 2 runs.
One run, even? Assuming UAE were bowled out for 75 (287 + 125 - 164 - 173 = 75).

That'd give Nepal 32 points, total 40.5 and UAE 11 points, total 41.

If that's the case...ouch!