• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously I've seen lots of multi accusations thrown around, some accurate, some not, some indeterminate. But I've never seen it this easy :laugh:

Yes. Randiv will get smashed all over the park like Saeed Ajmal :ph34r:
Lightning wont strike twice at the same place . lankan attacks lack variety with malinga being only fast bowler.Expereinced Vaas would have added more variety to the attack

Now i expect a nightmare final now for sri lanka , with India scoring close to 400 runs . a repeat of 1999 wc match at taunton.

The 28 year old wait is finally over.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Why can't I feel the same hype in the build up to the final as I felt for games against Australia and Pakistan? I hope it is just me, because if it is team India too I am worried if the intensity could drop :unsure:

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Why can't I feel the same hype in the build up to the final as I felt for games against Australia and Pakistan? I hope it is just me, because if it is team India too I am worried if the intensity could drop :unsure:
Count me in too :unsure:

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't see the Sri Lankan's posing too many problems. They are a strong team but India know them well and have a good record against them in India.

Bat first, score 300+ and then watch Sanga/Jaya scratch around.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
As Dhoni said the team handles pressure well. Also if you noticed the team was very quite in the build up to the Pakistan match. I don't think the intensity will drop. It is a world cup final, every player knows what it means to them and the nation.

As Dhoni said the team handles pressure well. Also if you noticed the team was very quite in the build up to the Pakistan match. I don't think the intensity will drop. It is a world cup final, every player knows what it means to them and the nation.
Yeah look mate, India are playing some superb cricket, fair dinkum mate, Punter said that he backs India to take the Cup. we gave SL a bit of a thumping in the last WC final in 2007, and I expect your boys to do the same tomorrow mate.

Great Post. Loved it. Surely 500 should be India's target and then get SL out for 50. What a great final it would be :ph34r:
Yes its payback time .Its now our turn to dismiss them for 50. They got us out for 50 odd once and Vaas played a big role in it and he's been kept out of this game for the sake of the lose Randiv and that going to bit them in the ass

YouTube - India all out just for 54!

Last time it was Gilchrist who destroys sri lanka. This time it would be tendulkar in his home ground

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
I kind of agree with the notion in this thread.After the charged up India-Pakistan and India-Australia matches,this will be a pretty massive intensity drop for India.I don't expect that to pose a problem however.India will coast to victory tomorrow.Not a completely one sided final,but i don't expect this match to go down as a world cup classic.India will probably win by 5-6 wickets or 80-100 runs.

I mean no disrespect to Srilanka.They're a very good side,but Australia and Pakistan had more ability to challenge India because of their quality bowling attacks.And both of them could not beat India.Srilanka's bowling attack is not as lethal as Pakistan or Australia's,and if India could get the better of those two sides,then Srilanka won't be causing any problems.Srilanka has a great batting unit,but India's bowling attack is good enough to knock them over.Srilanka's bowling attack however,is not quite good enough to knock India;s batters over IMO.So India has the edge in both departments.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
Yeah look mate, India are playing some superb cricket, fair dinkum mate, Punter said that he backs India to take the Cup. we gave SL a bit of a thumping in the last WC final in 2007, and I expect your boys to do the same tomorrow mate.
ok ..so gone...but he joined in dec 2010 ???

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
I kind of agree with the notion in this thread.After the charged up India-Pakistan and India-Australia matches,this will be a pretty massive intensity drop for India.I don't expect that to pose a problem however.India will coast to victory tomorrow.Not a completely one sided final,but i don't expect this match to go down as a world cup classic.India will probably win by 5-6 wickets or 80-100 runs.

Congratulations in advance India.No this isn't a jinx.
:) Nice Post.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know about the fans but any intensity drop by the players will result in only one outcome..

Sri Lanka are a damn good side.

Last edited: