• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Skipper Pup

U19 Cricketer
Yeah I remember when people had a whack at Clarke for doing roughly the same thing. Like ****, the bloke has taken 600 wickets for his country, won a **** ton of series for them, been their best bowler in this one. Let him have his moment in the sun, he's earned it. There's a real mean-spirited pettiness about these sorts of criticisms IMO.
Seems people have missed the key point I made in jumping to respond.

There's no pettiness about it, I agree he's earned to go out on his terms. The difference is here he could have announced it before the series (and given us all 5 tests to enjoy the last of him) or alternatively at any other point during the series when he realized this was it. I choose to believe this is something he's been thinking about for a while.

Instead he decided to make it public once England were on top, in the process he has taken the spotlight away from the other legends who also won't ever play another Ashes test.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

There's no pettiness about it, I agree he's earned to go out on his terms. The difference is here he could have announced it before the series (and given us all 5 tests to enjoy the last of him) or alternatively at any other point during the series when he realized this was it. I choose to believe this is something he's been thinking about for a while.

Instead he decided to make it public once England were on top, in the process he has taken the spotlight away from the other legends who also won't ever play another Ashes test.
What a pile of drivel

Qlder

International Debutant

Instead he chose to make it public once England were on top, in the process he has taken the spotlight away from the other legends who won't ever play another Ashes test.
Who are you to say what a great test Bowler should do. You're worse than Halba for stupidity

Socerer 01

International Captain

who gives a ****

this isnt like Raina randomly announcing his own international retirement 30 mins after Dhoni did his when he wasn’t even in contention for any callup

ripper868

International Coach
Annoying mizzle is hanging around my place, interspersed with occasional heavier flourishes...I'd say it's playable if it's just this mizzly stuff, but it'll be a slow outfield and a wet ball...going to need to use the legs to get these runs.