• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Agar gets a pick your selectors should be made to swim back to Australia.
Actually wouldn't have minded Agar coming in for Khawaja instead of Faulkner, what with the nature of the pitch and Watson's questionable bowling availability. I really don't see the actual need for four seamers having looked at the deck...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Came in to post the tweet only to have been beaten to it. What the actual ****?

Like I accept Khawaja isn't necessarily deserving of the spot, but who bats 3? Clarke?

Completely ridiculous.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is what happens when you pick a long term shield coach to coach australia, a wicket keeper bats at 6 and a bowling all-rounder bats at 7

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Came in to post the tweet only to have been beaten to it. What the actual ****?

Like I accept Khawaja isn't necessarily deserving of the spot, but who bats 3? Clarke?

Completely ridiculous.
Faulkner bats 3. Will also open the bowling.

#ShaneWarneThoughts

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its actually unbelievable that we don't bother trying to strengthen our batting. When we were a great team, we had 6 quality bats and 4 quality bowlers, but no real weakness. Now, its pretty obvious that our bowling is far closer than our batting is to our best and yet we make a selection that realistically doesn't help the batting so much.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Faulkner bats 3. Will also open the bowling.

#ShaneWarneThoughts
Following in the footsteps of Kane Richardson and Scott Borthwick in the 'bowling all rounders at 3' tradition.

So we're going to mess with Watson again, I guess. This is appalling.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
i may well have to off myself when shane warne starts talking about this selection

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its actually unbelievable that we don't bother trying to strengthen our batting. When we were a great team, we had 6 quality bats and 4 quality bowlers, but no real weakness. Now, its pretty obvious that our bowling is far closer than our batting is to our best and yet we make a selection that realistically doesn't help the batting so much.
N00fers n00fan with a good post on debut.