• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really don't get the "Havertz is actually crap" and/or "Arsenal are making a terrible buy" narrative that is doing the rounds in some circles.

Granted his spell at Chelsea didn't exactly set the world on fire, but if, for example, we were to do a fantasy draft of Premier League players he'd honestly be one of my first go-tos after Haaland and a couple of (mostly City, and players Arsenal have already) others.
Really want him to be the latest player that Chelsea sell who then becomes one of the best players in the league.

Himannv

International Coach
I've never seen it with Havertz. Even in his Leverkusan days he wasn't some elite passer or top tier dribbler or anything special really. He has a nice touch and can score a few goals. He's was ok as a false 9 at Chelsea but I rate someone like Firmino higher than him if that makes sense. Probably it's just a case of me not rating similarly dull German players as much, idk.

Anyway, as someone said, Arteta has his reasons and probably knows better.