• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't know why fans even care about how much players cost. It doesn't matter to you, it's not your money. Who cares.
This has made me think actually. I mean I generally agree with this point, but I wonder if it might be different for people who refer to whatever club they support as "us". Perhaps to them they kind of think it is their money.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't know why fans even care about how much players cost. It doesn't matter to you, it's not your money. Who cares.
Well most of us support clubs with a non-infinite amount of resources, so how the club spends them is important. It's not about whether it's my money or not. My club are currently not giving a new contract to one of my favourite players because they used their money badly last season and thus can't afford it. That's why fans care.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Well most of us support clubs with a non-infinite amount of resources, so how the club spends them is important. It's not about whether it's my money or not. My club are currently not giving a new contract to one of my favourite players because they used their money badly last season and thus can't afford it. That's why fans care.
May shock you but I didn't care before the takeover either. Also, pretending your club can't afford to give Ramsey a contract is hilarious. They aren't giving it to him because they don't think he's worth it. End of story.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is a joke right?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
May shock you but I didn't care before the takeover either. Also, pretending your club can't afford to give Ramsey a contract is hilarious. They aren't giving it to him because they don't think he's worth it. End of story.
I mean the club keep briefing Ornstein that we don't have much to spend and the same people who say "it's not my money" freak out about that. I honestly don't get it.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This has made me think actually. I mean I generally agree with this point, but I wonder if it might be different for people who refer to whatever club they support as "us". Perhaps to them they kind of think it is their money.
Certainly plenty who think that is theirs to spend. The very worst end of our fan base love telling Matthew Benham that he needs to spend even more of his own money so they can have a 'proven Championship' player.

cpr

International Coach
In fairness those type of fans usually aren't the type worth listening to.

andmark

International Captain
I'm probably the most pretentious Jonathan Wilson, Michael Cox type of football fan on here but it's hard not to get sucked into the emotion of a match when you're in a pub full of fans of the same team. That said, trying to be objective, I felt that game was dominated by pressing, much like the Anfield fixture earlier in the league. Everything was intense, next to no one had time on the ball. It might even illustrate a case for the return of tall strikers who dominate the air rather than with technical ability in order to by-pass the press. That said, City's pressing was interesting given they seemed to have a first line of the press of two players in strikers' positions with seemingly Sane dropping back. It worked well and Liverpool weren't able to build up properly which may ultimately be the reason Liverpool only scored once. Was a very good performance from City.

Last edited: