• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
Stick it.
At least your team has the best supporters in all the conference leagues.

It proves that Exeter had the highest attendance of all the home games.

Craig

World Traveller
Doesn't his contract expire at the end of 2007?

If he is refusing to sign I guess you have to sell next summer to avoid losing him on a free. He should compand a big enough fee (only Real Madrid, Barca, or Chelsea could afford the fee) so you can buy somebody just as good. Somebody like Ronaldo (when he isn't at the local curry joint or night club) would do well in England.

So would the English tabloids :p

The only downer is that he has probably a bigger ego then Bill Gates bank balance.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
Doesn't his contract expire at the end of 2007?

If he is refusing to sign I guess you have to sell next summer to avoid losing him on a free. He should compand a big enough fee (only Real Madrid, Barca, or Chelsea could afford the fee) so you can buy somebody just as good. Somebody like Ronaldo (when he isn't at the local curry joint or night club) would do well in England.

So would the English tabloids :p

The only downer is that he has probably a bigger ego then Bill Gates bank balance.
Trouble is other clubs will obviously know he's only got the one year left, so any fee he attracts will be reduced accordingly. It's supposed to be Barca, by all accounts anyway.

Ronaldo is obviously a genius, but I have my doubts he'd do it week in & week out like Terence does for us. He's a bit (as you say) large now & must be nudging 30 too.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
If we're not careful, Chelsea will walk it by 40 or so points this year. The only realistic challengers (us and the CDMs) are falling apart.

twctopcat

International Regular
BoyBrumby said:
Trouble is other clubs will obviously know he's only got the one year left, so any fee he attracts will be reduced accordingly. It's supposed to be Barca, by all accounts anyway.

Ronaldo is obviously a genius, but I have my doubts he'd do it week in & week out like Terence does for us. He's a bit (as you say) large now & must be nudging 30 too.
Well if you lose Henry it would be a blow for sure. Ronaldo wouldn't be a bad by at 28 i think. However Torres would be a great buy. The guy is 21, is a proper striker , which woud mean you can start putting in crosses again and stop being so one-dimensional..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
twctopcat said:
Well if you lose Henry it would be a blow for sure. Ronaldo wouldn't be a bad by at 28 i think. However Torres would be a great buy. The guy is 21, is a proper striker , which woud mean you can start putting in crosses again and stop being so one-dimensional..
Saw this on the back of the Mirror today, depressed me no end:

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport...dline=exclusive--henry-le-bleu-name_page.html

If they were to offer anything like £50 million we'd snap their arm off now with just the one year left. I'd say £20 million would get him in the summer.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
So even lower than Leamington!
Indeed. Ramsgate, of the Isthmian First [Non League Level 4] are still in (away to Nuneaton or Tiverton in the first round), whilst fellow Level 4 side Burnham (Somerset) have a replay against Canvey Island for the right to face Aldershot.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
roseboy64 said:
Of course it can. They can have a bad game and win as well can't they?
Not if you have any realistic title ambitions, the only "good games" that aren't wins are away to Chelsea and Arsenal.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Neil Pickup said:
Not if you have any realistic title ambitions, the only "good games" that aren't wins are away to Chelsea and Arsenal.
I wasn't making reference to title ambitions just to the fact that teams can have a bad game and win yet have a good game and either lose or draw. Just the luck of the draw sometimes as was the case for Wigan against Chelsea earlier in the season. The other team was just better or luckier.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
roseboy64 said:
I wasn't making reference to title ambitions just to the fact that teams can have a bad game and win yet have a good game and either lose or draw. Just the luck of the draw sometimes as was the case for Wigan against Chelsea earlier in the season. The other team was just better or luckier.
If you're a good side, you don't have a good game and not win.

Of course it's possible - take City against ManYoo last year... just not if you have any respectable standards. If you're happy with not winning, then it's a sure sign that the title dreams are down the river.

roseboy64

Well. Isn't that lovely? Everton is the first Premiership team to make Chelsea drop points. Gives everybody else some hope hopefully.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
roseboy64 said:
Well. Isn't that lovely? Everton is the first Premiership team to make Chelsea drop points. Gives everybody else some hope hopefully.
There's a good game that isn't a win...

roseboy64

Neil Pickup said:
If you're a good side, you don't have a good game and not win.

Of course it's possible - take City against ManYoo last year... just not if you have any respectable standards. If you're happy with not winning, then it's a sure sign that the title dreams are down the river.
I wasn't talking about Man Utd necessarily just a general reference to all teams. Also Chelsea had a reasonably good game against Liverpool in the CL last season and they lost.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No, they didn't score in 180 minutes. No one in their right mind could ever term that "reasonably good".

Seeing as this whole debate was sparked by Aussie saying "good game form Man U earlier", it's got everything to do with Man Utd.

On a partially related note, my team, Xpression FM FC, had a reasonably good game this morning. We lost 6-0, but I played 80 minutes without any fitness issues, which I feel is a dramatic improvement on last week's 15-1 thumping and 35 minutes before my blood sugar levels decided I wasn't allowed to walk, never mind play, any more.