• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England's White Ball Tour Of Bangladesh : March 01-14, 2023

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I've long considered him England's Kallis.
I have what I think must be some kind of mental impediment when it comes to Kallis. It's impossible for me to see him as anything other than bang average (kind of like Ian Austin), even though I'm aware that many seem to think he's one of the best players of all time.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I have what I think must be some kind of mental impediment when it comes to Kallis. It's impossible for me to see him as anything other than bang average (kind of like Ian Austin), even though I'm aware that many seem to think he's one of the best players of all time.
You're not the only one re: Kallis. A lot of folk on this forum chronically underrate him too. Despite the fact that, as you say, really he's one of the best players of all time.

He's like a South African Chris Woakes.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Probably the case that our spinners got outplayed by theirs in the end as well as obviously having too short a batting lineup. 250 was a better score than they should have got.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay swerving the Kallis stuff....

Think what this series has done more than anything is tell us who won't be at the World Cup. Salt, Vince, Ahmed, probably Jacks.

Molehill

International Captain

Think what this series has done more than anything is tell us who won't be at the World Cup. Salt, Vince, Ahmed, probably Jacks.
Today's game was a bit of a farce with one team using it more as a training exercise. I get the impression that had Jacks been fit, Rashid wouldn't have played.

I was going to suggest that Jacks could still be back up spinner, but then I remembered we have Livingstone to return. You're right, none of that lot likely to be anywhere near India unless we have injuries.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain

I'm not sure any of those players maybe bar Salt, were ever in with a realistic chance of making the WC squad.

With the test players missing due to the NZ series, this squad was always a bit of a mix and match.

Molehill

International Captain
And we're back here with a T20. Buttler having won 1 in 15 tosses in ODI's now loses a T20 one and England are put in.

England look a batsman light with Jacks ruled out.

Bangladesh: 1 Rony Talukdar, 2 Najmul Hossain Shanto, 3 Litton Das, 4 Shakib Al Hasan (capt), 5 Towhid Hridoy, 6 Afif Hossain, 7 Shamim Hossain, 8 Taskin Ahmed, 9, Nasum Ahmed, 10 Hasan Mahmud, 11 Mustafizur Rahman

England: 1 Phil Salt, 2 Jos Buttler, 3 Dawid Malan, 4 Ben Duckett, 5 Moeen Ali, 6 Sam Curran, 7 Chris Woakes, 8 Chris Jordan, 9 Adil Rashid, 10 Jofra Archer, 11 Mark Wood

Howe_zat

Audio File
Decent start. Bit more pressure on the top order because there's fewer batsmen than normal, though there's also less pressure because it doesn't matter, so it cancels out.

If, like me, you were wondering were Jason Roy went, it turns out he just went and blasted the **** out of a PSL team. 145 off 63 balls.

Molehill

International Captain
Salt just looks a frenetic mess, so many dot balls.

Shakib dropping a sitter off Buttler was probably not a great move.

Aritro

International Regular
**** me, I was starting to get properly excited about this batting display. First time we've been scoring at a proper T20 run rate in forever. Hope they don't bottle it now.

Aritro

International Regular
Aye, ideally you'd list some names between 3 and 6 even if it's just for completion's sake.

Aritro

International Regular
Nearly a fantastic catch from whoever that was. He's probably very famous, I just don't watch this stuff unless it's absolutely necessary.