• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Only acceptable if the commentator yells "IT'S BOSS TIME" every time Gayle walks out to bat, has a bowl, fields a ball or is shown on screen.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I think for tomorrow we should prioritise having a look at potential squad members over trying to draw the series. So Pooran, Russell and Allen need to play. I would pick:

Gayle (if in need of a rest, Campbell)
Hope (wk)
Bravo
Hetmeyer
Pooran
Holder
Allen
Russell
Braithwaite
Nurse
Cotterell/Thomas

a massive zebra

International Captain
My knowledge of West Indies cricket is limited so I could well be wrong, but is Rakheem Cornwall really that good? In recent years, West Indies have had a number of spinners who have absolutely devastated at the domestic level and yet proved to be mediocre at best in international cricket. For instance, Nikita Miller who has taken over 500 first class wickets @ 16 and yet did nothing special when playing for West Indies at the highest level. Compared to Miller, Cornwall's first class bowling record is unspectacular, so what is it about him that convinces everyone he should be in the side? I think it might be a case of players being looked upon more favourably when not in the side. Although I guess almost anyone would be better than Bishoo, lol.

Beamer

My knowledge of West Indies cricket is limited so I could well be wrong, but is Rakheem Cornwall really that good? In recent years, West Indies have had a number of spinners who have absolutely devastated at the domestic level and yet proved to be mediocre at best in international cricket. For instance, Nikita Miller who has taken over 500 first class wickets @ 16 and yet did nothing special when playing for West Indies at the highest level. Compared to Miller, Cornwall's first class bowling record is unspectacular, so what is it about him that convinces everyone he should be in the side? I think it might be a case of players being looked upon more favourably when not in the side. Although I guess almost anyone would be better than Bishoo, lol.
It's s couple of things.

1) He has bossed A team cricket in the Caribbean, England and Sri Lanka. He had scored runs and taken wickets in warm ups against England and India. So it's not just FC cricket.

2) If you watch him, he spins the ball and gets bounce. He gets people out by beating them on the outside and inside edge, not caught at mid-wicket.

Also, his List A stats aren't just good, they're insanely good. He scores centuries with the bat at a strike rate of a run a ball or better and takes wickets whilst going at less than 4 per over. There really is no cricketing case for him not bring called up.

Borges

International Regular
WI vs England: this is the real deal. In comparison, what Dhoni is playing against Australia is kindergarten stuff.

theegyptian

25 balls on a wicket like this is probably all you can ask from moeen.

If we weren't less than 3 months away from the wc I'd again be suggesting moeen to be dropped.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
25 balls on a wicket like this is probably all you can ask from moeen.

If we weren't less than 3 months away from the wc I'd again be suggesting moeen to be dropped.
I'm struggling to recall the last time he made a decent ODI contribution with the bat, and his bowling in these games isn't exactly stellar.

Not that he's the only one who's been hopeless today of course. Buttler the latest one to decide that the best way to build some sort a score on this wicket is to give catching practice. Not what you'd call smart cricket from most of them. Looks like we'll be bowled out within 30 overs; dreadful, unintelligent, spinless stuff. Which is why all this talk of winning the WC is so much hot air. When we're bad, we're truly abysmal, which will cost us at some point in a knock out tournament. Other sides will be much better at gutsing it out when they're in trouble.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will India have a chance to overtake England in the ODI rankings any time soon? We can't be too far off them.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
What is up with the West Indies in this tour? They've competed well in every ODI, and all but 2 days of one of the recent tests. They look a decent unit.