• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Sri Lanka

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Player of the series has to be Mahela....But the Captain of the series has to be Vaughan IMO because to finish this series 1-0 only deserves Credit . In Colombo he made some good decisions that helped save that Test...Jayawardene IMO failed to nail the advantage there and a 1-0 series result IMO credits Vaughan more than Mahela...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I notice that the next time the 2 teams are scheduled to play a Test series again is May 2011 in England.

http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/FORTHCOMING/FUTURE_TOURS/2011.html:)

And it will be after the 2011 World Cup...

Any guesses on how many of the current players from both Teams will be still playing...:)

I suspect Murali, Vaas, and possibly Dilshan would've retired . Mahela and Sangakkara would be on the verge of retiring ....one suspects...

Vaughan , Collingwood and possibly Harmison may have retired....England Captain may then be Ian Bell or Freddie (if he returns from Injury successfully) or perhaps Alistair Cook..:)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
And SL's Test programme next year has West Indies away in Caribbean in March , India in SL in July and Zimbabwe at home and Bangladesh away then an away series to Zimbabwe...in Feb 2009:laugh:

Apart from India in July SL are set for a pretty cruising 18 months with Murali set to harvest a lot of wickets .....:laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I notice that the next time the 2 teams are scheduled to play a Test series again is May 2011 in England.

http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/FORTHCOMING/FUTURE_TOURS/2011.html:)

And it will be after the 2011 World Cup...

Any guesses on how many of the current players from both Teams will be still playing...:)

I suspect Murali, Vaas, and possibly Dilshan would've retired . Mahela and Sangakkara would be on the verge of retiring ....one suspects...

Vaughan , Collingwood and possibly Harmison may have retired....England Captain may then be Ian Bell or Freddie (if he returns from Injury successfully) or perhaps Alistair Cook..:)
Hoggard would probably be on the brink of retirement as well one suspects.

Who would be the next England Skipper after Vaughan if Freddie's recovery fails to happen ? Ian Bell or KP

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

SL will have Mahela and Sanga for sure, both will be around 34 then. Chamara Silva is a big possibility. Lasith Malinga id he does not brak down, Chanaka Welagedara, Dilshan, Vandort are the ones I can think of. I cannot even think of a spinner that can lead the atatck b y then.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
OMG!

England have lost 3 wickets in an over, and Bopara is gone for a golden duck.

Embarassing stuff this.

Evermind

International Debutant
And SL's Test programme next year has West Indies away in Caribbean in March , India in SL in July and Zimbabwe at home and Bangladesh away then an away series to Zimbabwe...in Feb 2009:laugh:

Apart from India in July SL are set for a pretty cruising 18 months with Murali set to harvest a lot of wickets .....:laugh:
I'm not sure if it's something to celebrate. If I were SLankan, I'd be hatin' the board for scheduling these crap fixtures, and there's no chance I'd watch any except perhaps the windies one.

Evermind

International Debutant
I wonder how many more games Bopara will get thanks to that single performance that almost (but in fact didn't) win them the game in the WC.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure if it's something to celebrate. If I were SLankan, I'd be hatin' the board for scheduling these crap fixtures, and there's no chance I'd watch any except perhaps the windies one.
Where did you get the idea I was celebrating....? I was laughing at the amount of low quality opposition SL will be playing....except for India and perhaps West Indies..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant innings by Cook ...seventh Century by age 23 equalling Miandad -with Only Bradman and Tendulkar having had more Centuries by that age....Amazing...illustrious company ....:)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
If only England had survived the last 30minutes at Kandy...they could well be going home with a 0-0 series...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
New ball due in 3 overs...I think Mahela will be hoping for a couple of wickets with the new ball before Weather comes into play...