• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Sri Lanka 2021

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SL missing Karunaratne, DdS, Lakmal
England missing Stokes, Moeen, Pope, Burns

ATG bowler Anderson dropped for Wood

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bairstow made that look easy. Wicket looks dead for the quicks so that’s a real bonus.

Spark

Global Moderator
"Thirimanne caught by Bairstow" is a real combination of 'how do some players still get to play so many games'

cnerd123

likes this
lmao that's brilliant. The comms wondering aloud on air why Broad got the nod over Anderson for the first Test. One of them suggests it's because he was in good form last summer. They bring up that he spoke publicly about how the media always suggests that Anderson is 'rested' while he gets 'dropped', leading to Athers(?) saying 'well basically if you sulk, you get picked for the next Test'.

As he says that, Broad gets a wicket. Lol

And he gets another as I type this! Jeez. 4 ducks in a row for Mendis.

Spark

Global Moderator
lmao that's brilliant. The comms wondering aloud on air why Broad got the nod over Anderson for the first Test. One of them suggests it's because he was in good form last summer. They bring up that he spoke publicly about how the media always suggests that Anderson is 'rested' while he gets 'dropped', leading to Athers(?) saying 'well basically if you sulk, you get picked for the next Test'.

As he says that, Broad gets a wicket. Lol

And he gets another as I type this! Jeez. 4 ducks in a row for Mendis.
Broad has always been a much cannier bowler on these sorts of pitches than he gets credit for

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I remember seeing this video a couple of years ago. If you told me back then that he still wouldn't have debuted by early 2021 despite maintaining a FC average close to 70, scoring tons for Sri Lanka A and looking as awesome as that in highlight videos - even though Thirimanne keeps getting a game - I definitely wouldn't have believed you.
Still not as good as Easwaran though.

Bahseph

State Captain
Sri Lanka in Tests are genuinely a must watch side for me. It's just that most of the time it isn't for the reasons their supporters would be proud of!

Thirimanne is going to Thirimanne. Surely Kusal Mendis has one of the worst ducks to innings ratios of a top order batsman? Shocking.

England First

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
All those posters who didn’t pick broad in there side for this test was noticeable, when are people going to realise how good broad is nowadays.

cnerd123

likes this
this SL side just DGAF when batting do that? What a terrible shot by Perera. Same attitude they displayed in SA.