• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Sri Lanka 2021

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Feeling a touch conflicted, Sri Lanka batting first would be a far more pleasing result, but it would be good to get a proper look at Asitha

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I remember seeing this video a couple of years ago. If you told me back then that he still wouldn't have debuted by early 2021 despite maintaining a FC average close to 70, scoring tons for Sri Lanka A and looking as awesome as that in highlight videos - even though Thirimanne keeps getting a game - I definitely wouldn't have believed you.

cnerd123

likes this

I remember seeing this video a couple of years ago. If you told me back then that he still wouldn't have debuted by early 2021 despite maintaining a FC average close to 70, scoring tons for Sri Lanka A and looking as awesome as that in highlight videos - even though Thirimanne keeps getting a game - I definitely wouldn't have believed you.
i lowkey hate highlight videos like this. sure he looks good hitting boundaries, but what will define him as an International cricketer is how he defends the ball, rotates the strike, and how many chances he gives that aren't taken

FC average of 67 after 33 games at 22 years old is impressive tho. No many SL batters average >50 in domestix yea?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
i lowkey hate highlight videos like this. sure he looks good hitting boundaries, but what will define him as an International cricketer is how he defends the ball, rotates the strike, and how many chances he gives that aren't taken

FC average of 67 after 33 games at 22 years old is impressive tho. No many SL batters average >50 in domestix yea?
The first part of this is exactly the point I have been trying to make all along, yet somehow that is "snobbery" apparently

Still will be interested to see more of Nissanka

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
only as good as Larkin though apparently

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Feeling a touch conflicted, Sri Lanka batting first would be a far more pleasing result, but it would be good to get a proper look at Asitha
Seems like they're gonna prepare a bunsen and leave him out anyway tbh.
Looks like they picked him as the only quick. I'm kind of surprised as I thought Kumara at the very least would be ahead of him, but good news for GAS anyway. :p

cnerd123

likes this
Karunaratne out with a fractured thumb. Chandimal in as captain. Debut for Daniel Lawrence of Cobra Kai

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Outfield looks dodgy. You don’t want to be running on that. Nearly 30 minutes in and just the 18 balls. Good watch.

cnerd123

likes this
nothing in the deck for the quicks. Broad playing so Anderson rested. Curran got a bit of h00p first over but been flat and straight since.

May as well get spin in during the first hour of play here and see what happens.