• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Sri Lanka 2021

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Utterly stupid team selection from Sri Lanka. Vishwa should obviously be playing, but even Chameera might be a more useful option than a 3rd spinner here. And what use is Shanaka if your not going to give him a bowl? Poor stuff

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must be quite a while since that's happened.
With the round the wicket strategy working well in England and the off spinners making hay it almost feels like it's no longer an advantage to bat left handed in tests, at least in certain conditions. I've certainly seen quite a few situations where a couple more right handed batsmen would have been an advantage.

Bahseph

State Captain
Dilruwan is definitely not up to it anymore. I just feel that Sri Lanka picked three spinners because that's what they do at home. V. Fernando over Dilruwan would be an upgrade imo. He bowled well in SA in 2018 on pitches that weren't full of seam movement.

On Hasaranga,there is something there. You get the feeling he isn't used to constructing a spell or bowling his stock ball but I see room for improvement if he bowls more. Not to say he is of Test standard right now.

chris.hinton

International Captain
What happened to Sri Lanka? this is a very poor side at the moment, England really dont have to play their best cricket to win this at a canter

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
There is enough in the pitch but the SL bowlers can't hold a consistent line and length. They have such long delivery stride they deliver from very low point and quite flat. Got to get higher and extract bounce out of the surface. There's definitely enough on the pitch but they aren't using it well enough. England batting quite well too, not rushed but not letting go off balls that can be punished. Root is awesome in picking the length and playing either deep or fully forward. He should be ideally getting lot more runs than he does.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I wouldnt have Bairstow in this test side, I think we have better players and youngsters to pick from. He has failed as a test player

47 today doesnt really cut it

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
On Hasaranga,there is something there. You get the feeling he isn't used to constructing a spell or bowling his stock ball but I see room for improvement if he bowls more. Not to say he is of Test standard right now.
Yeah I agree. He changes his pace nicely and looks like he has good attributes (decent revs, drift and turn) but is far too inconsistent currently. You can't be offering as many freebies he does as a frontline test match bowler

Bahseph

State Captain
Yeah I agree. He changes his pace nicely and looks like he has good attributes (decent revs, drift and turn) but is far too inconsistent currently. You can't be offering as many freebies he does as a frontline test match bowler
If you had two good spinners like SL had with Herath and Dilruwan back in the day then I could see him playing because he can bowl some wicket taking balls. But Shanaka is the fifth bowler in this line up. Not Hasaranga.

Bahseph

State Captain
With Root's reach he makes sweeping look ridiculously easy. I love me a good sweep. Probably why I was such a big fan of Younis Khan.