• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

hazsa19

International Regular
Loved the 2010 series they’re showing on Sky now. Tours of SA have easily produced the most exciting series’ for me.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA need to knuckle down for the blockathon. Doubt they'll make it though, it just isn't QDK's game.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I totally agree, and I liked the selection. It shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone that he hasn't played before now when he neither oozes talent nor has an amazing record (other than in experience) though. Sometimes a pick can be excellent without necessarily meaning it should have instead just been a good pick a year earlier.
The Malan pick is really quite Rassie-ish in that regard; hard to argue that Rassie was hard done by earlier in his career in not getting SA opportunities, yet is showing he definitely deserves his shot now. Same with Malan in this match.
People forget that the SA batting was really solid until 5 years ago and we did select inform experienced players when a position opened up, including Stiaan, Cook etc... SeamUp put a list of batsmen selected in other thread. Only real complaints I have of the selections has been how long we stuck with Duminy and then Bavuma (and maybe Amla). Which we know what is going on with the second. What concerns me is selecting these good FC players that are solid, but never get around to picking the talented players to actually build a world class team.

Groundking

International Debutant
Not sure how I feel about Root turning to twin spin just 12 overs into the new ball. Feel like we should have given Jimmy and Stokes a short spell each.

slippy888

International Captain
It stupid captaincy you need to bowl the medium fast bowlers when DE Kock come in he fragile, why he bowling average spinners to him.

hazsa19

International Regular
Not sure how I feel about Root turning to twin spin just 12 overs into the new ball. Feel like we should have given Jimmy and Stokes a short spell each.
I like Denly to De Kock, could do with more men around the bat. Have to get Jimmy into the game surely.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
More overs can be bowled if all 90 are bowled today and there is still official time left, right?

Always forget the rules regarding overs left.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Not even trying to reverse-jinx but there's no threat from Bess, you have to give Jimmy a go.